Xianning Nuclear Power Plant
|Xianning Nuclear Power Plant|
Location of Xianning Nuclear Power Plant in China
|Country||People's Republic of China|
|Location||Tongshan County, Xianning, Hubei|
|Owner(s)||Hubei Nuclear Power Co.|
|Nuclear power station|
|Reactor type||AP1000 Pressurized water reactor|
|Units planned||4 × 1250 MW|
The Xianning Nuclear Power Plant is under construction in Dafanzhen, Tongshan County, Xianning, Hubei Province, China. It is planned to host at least four 1,250-megawatt (MW) AP1000 pressurized water reactors.
The plant is owned by Hubei Nuclear Power Company, a joint venture of China Guangdong Nuclear Power Group (CGNPC) and Hubei Energy Group Ltd. The cost of four AP1000 reactors is put at CNY 60 billion (US$8.8 billion). Work on the site began in 2010; the first reactor will start construction in 2011, and go online in 2015.
|Unit||Type||Construction start||Operation start||Notes|
The plant is described as the first nuclear power plant to be built in China's inland regions (i.e., not near the seacoast). The plant is expected to use the water of the Fushui Reservoir for cooling and various ancillary purposes.
- 咸宁核电有限公司 (Xianning Nuclear Power Ltd.) (Chinese) - company's official site
- Coordinates of Dafan town.
- "Hamon wins cooling towers order for Chinese nuclear power plant". Energy Business Review (Progressive Digital Media Group Plc). 11 January 2011.
- "Nuclear Power in China". Information Papers. World Nuclear Association (WNA). 6 January 2011. Retrieved 2011-01-11.
- 咸宁大畈核电公司专程洽商富水水库取水事项 ("Xianning Dafan Nuclear Power company makes a special trip to negotiate Fushui Reservoir water use issues"), Fushui Reservoir Management Company, 2010-10-23]