List of United States Navy aircraft wings
This is a list of United States Navy aircraft wings. It covers both Carrier air wings and land-based wings. Since air groups in the United States Navy were all redesignated as wings, it also covers groups.
 Carrier Air Wings
The "A" Prefix denotes USN Atlantic Fleet affiliation, while "N" Denotes USN Pacific Fleet affiliation.
- Carrier Air Wing One (CVW-1) "AB"
- Carrier Air Wing Two (CVW-2) "NE"
- Carrier Air Wing Three (CVW-3) "AC"
- Readiness Attack Carrier Air Wing Four (RCVW-4) "AD" (Disestablished 1970)
- Carrier Air Wing Five (CVW-5)"NF"
- Carrier Air Wing Six (CVW-6) "AE" (Disestablished)
- Carrier Air Wing Seven (CVW-7) "AG"
- Carrier Air Wing 8 (CVW-8) "AJ"
- Carrier Air Wing 9 (CVW-9) "NG"
- Carrier Air Wing 10 (CVW-10) "NM" or "AK" (Disestablished 30 September 1988). Active in the Atlantic Fleet with the tail code "AK" from 1952 to 1969. Wing reestablished on 1 November 1986 in the Pacific Fleet, and the "NM" tail code of the old CVW-19 was given to CVW-10, despite the earlier "AK" code. The new CVW-10 should have been assigned to the aircraft carrier USS Independence (CV-62). However, it was never deployed and CVW-10 was disestablished again on 30 September 1988.
- Carrier Air Wing 11 (CVW-11) "NH"
- Readiness Attack Carrier Air Wing 12 (RCVW-12) "NJ" (Disestablished)
- Carrier Air Wing 13 (CVW-13) "AK" (Disestablished) Established 1 Mar 1984; disestablished 1 Jan 1991. Previous establishment as CVG-13 disbanded 21 August 1962. CVW-13 was assigned CVW-10's original "AK" fin flash during the 1980s.
- Carrier Air Wing 14 (CVW-14) "NK"
- Carrier Air Wing 15 (CVW-15) "NL" (Disestablished)
- Carrier Air Wing 16 (CVW-16) "AH" (Disestablished)
- Carrier Air Wing 17 (CVW-17) "AA"
- No Carrier Air Wing 18 was established, at least according to U.S. Navy official sources. It should be noted that CVG-18 was established on 20 July 1943, and became CVAG-7 on 15 Nov 1946, the predecessor to Carrier Air Wing 7.
- Carrier Air Wing 19 (CVW-19) "NM" (Disestablished)
- Carrier Air Wing 21 (CVW-21) "NP" (Disestablished) - CVG-21 Established 1 Jul 1955; became CVW-21 20 Dec 1963; disestablished 12 Dec 1975.
 Reserve Carrier Air Wings
 Carrier Air Groups
- CVG-83 - Established 1 May 1944; disestablished 24 Sep 1945.
 Attack Carrier Air Groups
 Light Carrier Air Groups
 Battle Carrier Air Groups
 Escort Carrier Air Groups
 Night Carrier Air Groups
 Night Light Carrier Air Groups
 Night Escort Carrier Air Group
 Ship-Named Air Groups
- Enterprise Air Group
- Hornet Air Group
- Langley Air Group
- Lexington Air Group
- Ranger Air Group
- Saratoga Air Group
- Wasp Air Group
- Yorktown Air Group
 Antisubmarine Carrier Air Groups
 Reserve Antisubmarine Carrier Air Groups
 Patrol Wings
- Patrol Wing 2 see Patrol and Reconnaissance Wing 2.
 Fleet Air Wings
 Patrol and Reconnaissance Wings
- Patrol and Reconnaissance Wing 1
- Patrol and Reconnaissance Wing 2
- Patrol and Reconnaissance Wing 5
- Patrol and Reconnaissance Wing 10
- Patrol and Reconnaissance Wing 11
- Patrol and Reconnaissance Wing 57
- Roy A. Grossnick (ed.), United States Naval Aviation 1910–1995, Appendix 15, accessed May 2012
- [OPNAV Notice 5400 (5400.8543) Modification of Officer in Charge, Patrol and Reconnaissance Force Fifth Fleet Det Bahrain], issued 13 October 2011
- Roy A. Grossnick (ed.), United States Naval Aviation 1910–1995, 
 See also