List of anti–nuclear power groups
Anti-nuclear power groups have emerged in every country that has had a nuclear power programme. Protest movements against nuclear power first emerged in the USA, at the local level, and spread quickly to Europe and the rest of the world. National nuclear campaigns emerged in the late 1970s. Fuelled by the Three Mile Island accident and the Chernobyl disaster, the anti-nuclear power movement mobilised political and economic forces which for some years "made nuclear energy untenable in many countries".
Some of these anti-nuclear power organisations are reported to have developed considerable expertise on nuclear power and energy issues. In 1992, the chairman of the Nuclear Regulatory Commission said that "his agency had been pushed in the right direction on safety issues because of the pleas and protests of nuclear watchdog groups".
- Friends of the Earth International, a network of environmental organizations in 77 countries.
- Greenpeace International, a non-governmental environmental organization with offices in 41 countries.
- Nuclear Information and Resource Service
- World Information Service on Energy
- Cumbrians Opposed to a Radioactive Environment
- Friends of the Earth (EWNI)
- Friends of the Earth Scotland
- Sustainable Development Commission
- Abalone Alliance
- Clamshell Alliance
- Institute for Energy and Environmental Research
- Musicians United for Safe Energy
- Natural Resources Defense Council
- New England Coalition
- Shad Alliance
- List of nuclear power groups
- Non-nuclear future
- List of anti-nuclear protests in the United States
- List of anti-nuclear groups in the United States
- Wolfgang Rudig (1990). Anti-nuclear Movements: A World Survey of Opposition to Nuclear Energy, Longman, p. 1.
- Lutz Mez, Mycle Schneider and Steve Thomas (Eds.) (2009). International Perspectives of Energy Policy and the Role of Nuclear Power, Multi-Science Publishing Co. Ltd, p. 279.
- Matthew L. Wald. Nuclear Agency's Chief Praises Watchdog Groups, The New York Times, June 23, 1992.
- "About Friends of the Earth International". Friends of the Earth International. Retrieved 2009-06-25.
- United Nations, Department of Public Information, Non-Governmental Organizations
- Greenpeace International: Greenpeace worldwide