List of attractions in Hamilton, Ontario
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Hamilton, Ontario has a large variety of historical sites and cultural and educational institutions.
See also: List of roads in Hamilton, Ontario
Historical sites and museums
- Battlefield House Museum, Stoney Creek
- Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum, home of one of the last two remaining operational Lancaster bombers, also in operation Spitfire, Hawker Hurricane, Bristol Bolingbroke.
- Dundurn Castle, including the Hamilton Military Museum and Dundurn Park, west end. Home of Sir Allan Napier MacNab, former Prime Minister of Upper Canada.
- Erland Lee Museum, birthplace of Women's Institutes, Upper Stoney Creek.
- Fieldcote Memorial Park & Museum
- Giant's Rib Discovery Centre (learn about the Niagara Escarpment a UNESCO World Biosphere Reserve)
- Green Venture EcoHouse, east end
- Hamilton Children's Museum, east end.
- Hamilton Downtown Arts Centre
- Hamilton Farmer's Market, founded in 1837.
- Hamilton Museum of Steam and Technology, east end
- HMCS Haida National Historic Site, historic naval ship; Canada's most famous warship and the last remaining Tribal Class in the world.
- Ottawa Street North, Textile district (Voted one of Canada's Favourite Streets in the 2011 'Great Places in Canada' contest. Also ranked in Top 5 spots for Antique shopping in Canada by CAA Magazine).
- Nash-Jackson House, at Stoney Creek Battlefield Park
- Royal Hamilton Light Infantry Heritage Museum, downtown
- Whitehern Historic House & Garden, downtown
- Workers Arts & Heritage Centre, in the former Custom House, a National Historic Site, north end
- 270 Sherman
- Arctic Experience McNaught Gallery 
- Art Gallery of Hamilton, downtown. Second largest permanent collection in Ontario, and third largest in Canada.
- James Street North Art District
- McMaster Museum of Art, west end
- Sunrise Gallery 
- Transit Gallery 
- Bach Elgar Choir
- Boris Brott Summer Festival Hamilton, Dundas, Ancaster, Burlington
- ChamberWORKS! music ensemble (Hamilton)
- Hamilton Philharmonic Youth Orchestra
- Hess Village, a popular summer patio hangout. Many bars, clubs and restaurants feature live music and attractions all year round. Hess Street, downtown.
- National Academy Orchestra of Canada (Hamilton, Dundas, Ancaster, Burlington)
- Opera Ontario
- Hamilton All Star Jazz Band
- Symphony Hamilton (Hamilton, Burlington)
- Hamilton Theatre Inc., musical theatre
- Players' Guild of Hamilton, Inc. (plays) Queen Street South
- Ron V. Joyce Centre for the Performing Arts at Hamilton Place, downtown
- Theatre Aquarius, Dofasco Centre for the Performing Arts, downtown
- Westside Concert Theatre, former CHCH TV 11 studios.
Other popular attractions
|This section relies too much on references to primary sources. (January 2010)|
See also: Culture of Hamilton, Ontario
- Festival of Friends, founded in 1975, is the largest annual free music event in Canada.
- Food & Drink Fest, Hamilton's Festival with Taste! Founded in 2005. Is Hamilton's largest culinary event with over 150 exhibitors displaying a variety of local and international wines, specialty beers, and culinary samples created by Hamilton, Halton and Niagara restaurants, breweries, and wineries. Food and Drink Fest has moved three times over its 7 year history. Food & Drink Fest first four years took place at the Hamilton Convention Centre, then spent two years at Hamilton's Copps Coliseum and now takes place at the *Careport Centre located in the *McMaster Innovation Park complex. The event draws over 10,000 visitors per year and the Careport Centre is now Hamilton's largest convention facility at 100,000 square foot to hold events of this size., 
- Hamilton Fringe Festival, founded in October 2002, is an 11-day unjuried theatre festival that happens every summer in downtown Hamilton.
- It's Your Festival
- Mustard Festival, in the heart of International Village, Ferguson Avenue
- Supercrawl, and annual art and music festival on James Street North
- Winona Peach Festival
- Around the Bay Road Race, is the longest continuously held long distance foot race in North America. (since 1894)
- Canadian Football Hall of Fame, downtown.
- CANUSA Games; Hamilton is twinned with Flint, Michigan, and its amateur athletes compete in these Games, since 1958.
- Cayuga Speedway Park; a 5/8-mile oval auto racing track, Cayuga, Ontario.
- Flamboro Downs and Flamboro Slots, horse racing as well as car racing.
- Kinsman Parade of Lights
- Spectator Indoor Games
Parks, trails and waterfront
- African Lion Safari, Flamborough
- Ancaster Fairgrounds
- Bayfront Park, (Pier 4 Park/ Harbour West/ Cootes Paradise/ Waterfront trail)
- Beach Strip and Lighthouse Pier (Beach trail)
- Bruce Trail, Stoney Creek, Hamilton, Dundas, Flamborough.
- Confederation Park, featuring largest outdoor wave pool; Wild Waterworks, waterslides, lazy river, batting cages, mini put, picnic area.
- Christie Conservation Area
- Dragon Boat Festival Championships
- Dundas Valley Conservation Area, Dundas
- Emerald Lake (quarry, beach, popular with bikers)
- Flamboro Valley Camping Resort, Flamborough
- Gage Park (large historical park in the middle of the city)
- Gore Park (War Memorial and Historic Tree)
- Hamilton Industrial Heritage Trail - 19th century
- Hamilton Industrial Heritage Trail - 20th century
- Hamilton Waterfront, Hamilton Harbour
- Hamilton Harbour Cruises, Hamilton Harbour Queen
- Hamilton Port Days
- Hamilton to Brantford Rail Trail, Hamilton, Dundas, Ancaster
- Hamilton Farmers Market
- Pier 4 Park
- Ponderosa Naturist (nudist) Park
- Redhill Valley Trail
- Royal Botanical Gardens, west end
- Valen's Conservation Area
- Sam Lawrence Park/Viewpoint
- Tall Ship Regatta
- Trans Canada Trail
- Westdale Aviary
- Westfield Heritage Centre, Flamborough
- Jungle Jam Indoor Playground, Ancaster
-  Haunted Hamilton ghost walks and events tour different historical locations around Hamilton, Ancaster and Niagara-on-the-Lake.
- Green Venture EcoHouse
- Hamilton Children's Museum
- Hamilton Downtown Arts Centre
- Hamilton Museum of Steam and Technology
- Nash-Jackson House
- Workers Arts & Heritage
- 270 Sherman
- Arctic Experience Gallery
- McMaster Museum of Art
- Sunrise Gallery
- Transit Gallery
- Brott Music Festival
- National Academy Orchestra of Canada
- Symphony Hamilton
- Food & Drink Fest
- Hamilton Fringe Festival
- Mustard Festival