Maicon Pereira de Oliveira
Maicon in 2011
|Full name||Maicon Pereira de Oliveira|
|Date of birth||8 May 1988|
|Place of birth||Rio de Janeiro, Brazil|
|Date of death||8 February 2014(aged 25)|
|Place of death||Donetsk, Ukraine|
|Height||1.85 m (6 ft 1 in)|
|2011||→ Steaua București (loan)||6||(3)|
|2012||→ Zorya Luhansk (loan)||4||(0)|
|2013–2014||→ Illichivets Mariupol (loan)||10||(3)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 30 November 2013.
† Appearances (Goals).
Maicon Pereira de Oliveira (8 May 1988 – 8 February 2014) commonly known as Maicon, was a Brazilian footballer who played for the Ukrainian club Illichivets on loan from Shakhtar Donetsk. He operated as a striker.
Maicon was born in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. In 2009, he moved to Ukrainian Premier League club Volyn Lutsk from Atlético Mogi. In his first season with the club he scored 13 goals in 18 matches in the First League (Persha Liha), guiding Volyn to promotion to the Premier League after a second place finish. He made a further 3 cup appearances, however he failed to score a goal in them. In his second season he was unable to keep up his scoring rate from the previous season and, despite netting a hat trick in the cup, he was loaned to Steaua Bucureşti for the second half of the season. He scored 5 goals in 16 appearances in his second season with the club, including just 2 goals from 15 league matches.
Loan to Steaua
On 13 April 2011, in his second match at Steaua, he scored his first goal and the only goal in Steaua's victory against Liga I leader Oţelul Galaţi. On 16 April 2011, coming on in the 72nd minute, he scored the equalizer goal in 80th minute and victory goal in 86th minute against Sportul Studenţesc. At the end of the season, he returned to his club in Ukraine.
Return to Volyn
His second season in the Premier League proved much more successful. During the 2011–12 season, he scored 14 goals in the league and 5 in the cup and was the club's top goalscorer. He finished the season with 19 goals from 28 matches and was top goalscorer in the Ukrainian Cup. He also tied Yevhen Seleznyov as top goalscorer in the league. Due to an impressive 2011–12 season, he attracted the interest of reigning Premier League champions Shakhtar Donetsk, joining them on a free transfer.
In the summer of 2012, Maicon joined Shakhtar Donetsk on a free transfer. He signed a three-year contract. On 4 September it was announced that Maicon would join Zorya on loan for six months before joining up with Shakhtar again during the winter break.
Because he joined Shakhtar after the season had begun Mircea Lucescu, the Shakhtar manager, decided to loan him to Zorya for the first half of the season. But then he was registered by Ukrainian Premier League as a player, who belongs for Zorya, but not on loan. He made his debut on 15 September 2012, coming on as a second half substitute against club Shakhtar Donetsk. Zorya lost the match 3–0.
Shakhtar said that the Brazilian, 25, was a "wonderful person". "He was a talented footballer, open and friendly guy," the club added. "It is a terrible bereavement for each of us." Maicon was on loan to Ukrainian league club Illichivets Mariupol until the end of the season. He joined Shakhtar Donetsk on a free transfer in 2012 from fellow Ukrainian side Volyn Lutsk and made six appearances, scoring one goal. Shaktar CEO said that his contract will be paid in full to his family as he had a 7 year old daughter and elderly parents. Normally a contract would expire in a situation like that.
- "Maicon". fcvolyn.com. fcvolyn. Retrieved 28 May 2011.
- "Futebolistas da região em evidência". moginews.com.br. Retrieved 11 July 2012.
- "Ukraine 2009/10". Retrieved 17 September 2012.
- "Karpaty Yaremche vs Volyn". Retrieved 17 September 2012.
- "Maicon a semnat cu Steaua (Romanian)". steauafc.com. steauafc. Retrieved 23 February 2011.
- "Maincon s-a intors in Ukraina". Retrieved 11 July 2012.
- http://www.soccerway.com/players/maicon-pereira-de-oliveira/95453/ Maicon Oliveira 2011–12 season tally
- "Maicon a ajuns la Sahtior, dar Gigi Becali nu plange dupa el!". http://sptfm.ro/ (in Romanian). Retrieved 11 July 2012.
- "Mircea Lucescu a transferat la Sahtior Donetk un jucator aruncat de Gigi Becali!". http://www.ziare.com/ (in Romanian). Retrieved 11 July 2012.
- "Maicon will join Shakhtar in winter". shakhtar.com. Retrieved 4 September 2012.
- "Squad List. Season 2012/2013". Retrieved 12 November 2012.
- "Zorya vs Shakhtar 0–3". Retrieved 17 September 2012.
- "Shakhtar mourns". Shakhtar Donetsk Official Website. 8 February 2014. Retrieved 8 February 2014.
- "Shakhtar Donetsk striker Maicon dies in car accident". The Guardian. 8 February 2014. Retrieved 8 February 2014.
- (Ukrainian) profile on Volyn Lutsk's official site
- (Ukrainian) profile on FFU site
- (Portuguese) profile on zerozero.pt
- profile on soccerway.com