Make It wit Chu
|"Make It wit Chu"|
|Single by Queens of the Stone Age|
|from the album Era Vulgaris|
|Genre||Desert rock, blues rock|
3:48 (radio edit)
|Producer||Chris Goss and Josh Homme|
|Queens of the Stone Age singles chronology|
"Make It wit Chu" is the third single by Queens of the Stone Age from their 2007 album Era Vulgaris. Originally a track on The Desert Sessions Volumes 9 & 10 titled "I Wanna Make It wit Chu", the song also appeared on the band's live DVD Over the Years and Through the Woods before being rerecorded for their fifth studio album.
"Make It wit Chu" was announced as the second German single in a newsletter from www.qotsa.de and that it would be released on three limited editions on September 28, 2007. It was also confirmed as the band's next international single as well. According to a report by the NME the B-sides for the single will be the "White Wedding" cover, previously released as a bonus track for Era Vulgaris, and a recording of "Needles in the Camel's Eye" from Brian Eno's Here Come The Warm Jets. Bobby Gillespie is reported to have been involved in the latter according to an interview with the band on SuicideGirls.
At the 2007 MTV Video Music Awards on September 9, Josh and Troy, along with Cee Lo Green (on vocals) and Dave Grohl (on drums), played the song in The Palms Casino Hotel, in one of the Fantasy Suites. This song was #60 on Rolling Stone's list of the 100 Best Songs of 2007.
At the end of the song, a keyboard can be heard which starts at about 4:31. This is the same tune played during the chorus of the song Era Vulgaris, which was left off the album of the same name.
The song is a playable track in Guitar Hero 5.
Directed by Rio Hackford, the official music video for the song surfaced in October and shows the band performing to a series of couples making out. The video was shot in Joshua Tree and also shows the legendary Rancho De La Luna, where the Desert Sessions are recorded.
The video begins with Joshua Homme driving to Rancho De La Luna and the band setting up their musical instruments. They then start to perform the song. The video shows footage of the band performing along with shots of several couples making out and talking. The band appear to be performing for the couples.
In the video the guitar solo is also shorter than it is on the album.
- "Make It wit Chu" (Edit) – 3:48
- "Needles in the Camel's Eye" – 3:23 (Brian Eno cover)
- "White Wedding" – 3:52 (Billy Idol cover)
- "Make It wit Chu (Video)" – 3:48
- "Make It wit Chu" - 4:50
- "Needles in the Camel's Eye" - 3:23
7" Version 2
- "Make It wit Chu (Acoustic)"
- "White Wedding"
- Murphy, Peter (May 27, 2007). "Era Vulgaris". Hot Press. Retrieved April 19, 2013.
- Raposa, David (June 11, 2007). "Queens of the Stone Age - Era Vulgaris". Pitchfork. Retrieved April 19, 2013.
- Cohen, Jonathan (2007-03-15). "QOTSA Rocks Hard, Fast On 'Era Vulgaris'". Billboard.com. Retrieved 2007-08-26.
- George-Cosh, David (2007-08-22). "Princes Charming, Well Almost". Globe and Mail. Retrieved 2007-08-27.
- "2007 VMA - About The Show". MTV Networks. Retrieved 2007-10-29.
- No byline (December 11, 2007). "The 100 Best Songs of 2007" Rolling Stone. Retrieved 2007-12-21
- Make It wit Chu official lyrics
- "Make It wit Chu" Official music video on YouTube
- Full lyrics of this song at MetroLyrics