Mr. J. Medeiros
|Mr. J. Medeiros|
|Birth name||Jason Christopher Medeiros|
|Also known as||Mr. J. Medeiros, Mr. J.|
|Origin||Colorado Springs, Colorado, U.S.; Los Angeles, California, U.S.|
|Labels||Rawkus, De Medeiros|
|Associated acts||The Procussions, The Stare|
Jason C. Medeiros better known as Mr. J. Medeiros, is an American M.C., record producer, and songwriter He is responsible for forming the Hip Hop group The Procussions, the IAmConstance campaign, and his own label De Medeiros. He is of Portuguese and Scottish descent. He has released 3 albums with his former group The Procussions; “As Iron Sharpens Iron” and “Up All Night” both independently released and “5 Sparrows for 2 Cents” which was Rawkus Records first release from their reemergence in 2006. The Procussions shared the stage with many Hip Hop acts including The Roots, De La Soul, Lupe Fiasco, Mos Def, and were one of two acts on the Tribe Called Quest first reunion tour.
Mr. J. Medeiros started his solo career in 2007 and put out his first album “Of gods and girls” on Rawkus Records that year. He then released “Friends Enemies Apples Apples” in 2009 followed by an EP titled "The Art of Broken Glass, both on his own label De Medeiros LLC. Mr. J. Medeiros released his third full length album "Saudade" in 2011, a project funded by his fans through the crowd sourcing site indiegogo. The music video for the single "Neon SIgns" won the MTVU Freshman video contest which in turn put the video into rotation. "Saudade" introduced "The Stare" a production team including Mr. J. Medeiros, Stro the 89th Key, and Luke Atencio. In 2012 Mr. J. Medeiros released the "Pale Blue Dot" EP which featured Canadian rapper SHAD.
Mr.J.Medeiros social activism includes his service with AmeriCorps NCCC his volunteer work with Habitat for Humanity, and assisting in various community outreach organizations for persons with developmental disabilities. He also ran a campaign against sexual abuse and human trafficking called iamconstance.org and humantrafficking.org to raise awareness about such issues. The iamconstance.org was prompted by his anti-human trafficking song/video “Constance” released on Mr.J’s album “Of gods and girls” which became popular in the non-profit community landing itself a spot in an expose on CBS Evening News. The video “Constance” is still being used today in aid to groups and organizations concerned with this social issue. Mr.J.Medeiros appeared on Miami Ink in support of "Constance" and his song "American Fado" On the show (Miami Ink) Mr.J.Medeiros is seen getting a tattoo on his back which reads “Forgive Us”.
- 2003 The Procussions “As Iron Sharpens Iron”
- 2004 The Procussions “Up All Night” (Japanese Exclusive)
- 2006 The Procussions “5 Sparrows for 2 Cents”
- 2007 Mr. J. Medeiros Of gods and girls
- 2009 Mr. J. Medeiros The Art of Broken Glass EP 
- 2009 Mr. J. Medeiros Friends Enemies Apples Apples
- 2011 Mr. J. Medeiros Saudade LP
- 2012 Mr. J. Medeiros "Pale Blue Dot EP"
- 2013 Mr. J. Medeiros "The Rockies EP"
- 2013 The Procussions “The Procussions EP"
- 2004 Sound Providers, An Evening with The Sound Providers
- 2005 Deux Process, In Deux Time
- 2005 Sharlock Poems, The Movement
- 2005 Pigeon John, Pigeon John Sings the Blues
- 2005 Othello, Classic
- 2005 Illmind and Symbolic One, The Art of One Mind
- 2005 Ohmega Watts, The Find
- 2005 One Block Radius, Loud and Clear
- 2006 The Official Boondocks Mixtape, Hip Hop Docktrine
- 2006 Hocus Pocus, 73 Touches
- 2007 Othello, Alive at The Assembly Line
- 2007 Hocus Pocus, Place 54
- 2008 DaJla and Benji, The Motherland
- 2009 Soulution, Shine Through
- 2010 Hocus Pocus, 16 pièces
- 2012 RationaL, The BirthWrite LP
- 2012 Relic, Miles to Go
- 2014 RationaL, Hell or High Water
Music in film
- 2006 IFC Films “American Gun”
- 2006 QD3 Entertainment “Rising Son: The Legend of Skateboarder Christian Hosoi”
- 2008 Arnaud Desplechin "A Christmas Tale"
Music In Television
- "Mr.J.Medeiros On Myspace". Retrieved 2008-09-27.
- "Mr. J. Medeiros starts campaign against Human-Trafficking and Child Pornography". hiphopruckus.com. Retrieved 2008-09-27.
- "Mr.J.Medeiros Thug Army". Retrieved 2008-09-27.
- "The Procussions Making Cents". Retrieved 2008-09-27.
- "A Tribe Called Quest and The Procussions". Retrieved 2008-09-27.
- "The Procussions and Talib Kweli". Video.AOL. Retrieved 2008-09-27.[dead link]
- "5 Sparrows for 2 Cents Tracklisting". Retrieved 2008-09-27.
- ""Bigger Than Hip-Hop or Oprah": An Interview with Mr. J. Medeiros". www.popmatters.com. Retrieved 2008-09-27.
- "Constance". His Name Is Freedom. Retrieved 2008-09-27.
- "Hip-Hop Humanitarian Launches Anti-Human Trafficking Campaign". Rapsearch. Retrieved 2008-09-27.
- "Mr. J. Medeiros in Review". Archived from the original on 2008-07-13. Retrieved 2008-09-27.
- "Mr.J.Medeiros on Miami Ink". Retrieved 2008-09-27.
- "Herohill Review". Retrieved 2008-09-27.
- "PopMatters review". Retrieved 2009-09-27.
- "The Art of Broken Glass EP Review".
- "Mr.J.Medeiros NBA live". Retrieved 2008-09-27.
- "Face Breaker Video Game Soundtrack". Retrieved 2008-09-27.
- "IMDB". IMDB. Retrieved 2008-09-27.
- "The Procussions Feat. American Gun". The New York Times. Retrieved 2008-09-27.