Neemrana Fort Palace terrace and the town below.
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Neemrana is an ancient historical town in Alwar district of Rajasthan, India, situated at 122 km from Delhi on the Delhi-Jaipur highway in Behror tehsil. It is situated in between Behror and shahajahanpur. Neemrana is an industrial hub. This area is also known as Raath region, It is the site of 16th century hill-fort occupied by Chauhans till 1947. The erstwhile ruling family is considered to be the direct lineage of Prithviraj Chauhan. Some distance from Neemrana is another fort, Kesroli in Alwar district, that is one of the oldest heritage sites. Historians trace it to the Matsya Janapada of the Mahabharata times. In Kesroli one gets to see the oldest remains of Buddhist Vihara at Viratnagar where the Pandavas spent the last year of their exile incognito; Pandupole, with the only reclining statue of Hanuman; the samadhi of the ruler saint Bhartrihari. Neemrana is dominated by villages of Yadav clans. 
The area is a booming industrial hub of India. The Rajasthan government, through Rajasthan Industrial Cooperation RIICO, has developed industrial zones in various stages in Neemrana in Alwar district in the past several years. Apart from the usual industrial areas, the Export Promotion Industrial Park (EPIP) and the Japanese Zone in Majarkanth is particularly noteworthy. Companies from India and abroad have set up their units in these industrial areas and many more new industries are arriving which is not only adding a new dimension to the industrial progress of Rajasthan but also creating new employment opportunities. Japanese industrial zone developed by RIICO is an extension of previously existing industrial zone. Under development DMIC will also pass through Neemrana.
Built from 1464 AD, Neemrana Fort-Palace is located on a high hillock and commands magnificent views of the surrounding beauty. It is among India's oldest heritage resort hotels, as it was created in 1986. Its name derives from a valiant local chieftain named Nimola Meo. The Chauhan capital was shifted from Mandhan (near Alwar) to Neemrana when the fort was established by Raja Dup Raj in 1467. Nowadays, the Neemrana fort is a heritage resort.
Located in the heart of the 'golden triangle'. Kesroli is almost equidistant from the tourist sites of Delhi, Agra and Jaipur. It is used as a base to visit the Sariska tiger sanctuary, Kankwadi fort, Neelkanth Temples, Pandupol, the monuments of Tijara, Siliserh Lake, Jaisamand Lake, Bhangarh-Ajabgarh, the hot springs in Talvriksh, Rajgarh, Machari, Viratnagar, Deeg, the sanctuary in Bharatpur, Baba Khetanath Ashram, the Jat mud fort of Govindgarh, the ancient city of Mathura and its renowned museum.
Neemrana is the site of Saint Margaret Engineering College which was established in 2002, NIIT University which won the India Today award for the Greenest Campus. Raffles University, School of aeronautics and one polytechnic college are also located at Neemrana. Cambay Institute of Hopitality Management, Neemrana under Neesa Group is one of the best institute in India for making career in Hotel Management and is attached to luxury hotel Cambay Sapphire so that students can avail practical exposure. CIHM branches are also in Jaipur - Kukas, Udaipur City and Gandhinagar Gujarat.
- Jonaicha khurd
- Padmara khurdh
- Chawandi a village nearby with a very old temple in the village by the name of "Chawand Mata"
- Mohaladia a village nearby known for industrial activity and units.
- Maharajawas a village situated 8 km from Neemrana. The Hanuman Temple on the top of hill is a popular tourist spot.
- Mehtawas a village situated 8 km from Neemrana has a very old temple in the village by the name of "Baba Lal". The village borders of Rewari district of Haryana.
- Bantkhani is a village near the industrial area on the Neemrana-Behror route.
- Peepli: It is a small village about 10km away from behror.
- Majri Kalan a village situated 6 west of Neemrana.
- Majra kath a village situated 6 east of Neemrana.In this village many japanies company(called as japanies ZOne) like daikin,mikuni,toyoda etc.and raffles,NIIT university are also situated
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Neemrana.|
- A Complete Information Site of Neemrana
- Neemrana Live
- Neemrana Fort Palace
- Official Website of Neemrana Fort Palace