North Wollongong railway station
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (June 2007)|
|Address||Porter Street, North Wollongong
New South Wales, Australia
|Elevation||10 metres (33 ft)|
|Line(s)||South Coast line|
|Distance||81.32 km (50.53 mi) from Central|
|Platforms||2 (2 side)|
North Wollongong is a railway station on the South Coast Line of the NSW TrainLink Intercity network, serving the suburb of North Wollongong. The station consists of two side platforms. It receives, on average, two services per hour on weekdays (with more services during peak hours) and one per hour on weekends.
The station is unofficially also identified on its platforms as the University of Wollongong station, due to the proximity of the university to the station. A free shuttle operated by the University of Wollongong Services the station frequently during university sessions, a reduced bus timetable operates during University holidays.
An easy access upgrade has been completed in 2007 on this site, consisting of lifts, new ramps, stairs and toilet facilities.
North Wollongong is serviced by two trains per hour, with most intercity express services outside peak stopping at the station.
Express buses will operate to Waterfall/Central Non-stop in case of Trackwork. Replacement bus stops are located on the Princes Highway, east of the station.
Platforms and services
|1||South Coast Line||Intercity services to Thirroul, Helensburgh, Sutherland, Husrtville and Sydney Terminal||Peak & Weekend intercity services extend to Bondi Junction|
|2||South Coast Line||Intercity services to Wollongong, Port Kembla, Dapto and Kiama via Wollongong||Peak & Weekend intercity services extend to Bondi Junction|
- 1 - Between Austinmer and Wollongong
- N1 - Hassle Free Bus between Thirroul and Wollongong
- 4 - between Bulli via East Woonona and Wollongong
- 9 - UOW NG Shuttle to University of Wollongong Ring Road (Free Bus) Weekdays Only
- 3 - Wollongong to Towradgi, Bellambi Point, Corrimal and Balgownie (Loop Service)
- 6 - Wollongong to Mount Pleasant and University
- 7 - Wollongong to Bellambi, Corrimal, Balgownie and Cabbage Tree Lane
- 8 - Wollongong via Balgownie, Corrimal, Bellambi and Towradgi. (Loop Service)
- 10 - Wollongong to Keiraville via Gwynneville
- 55A - Wollongong Shuttle via Wollongong Hospital (Free Bus) Weekends/PH Only
- 55C - Wollongong Shuttle via Fairy Meadow (Free Bus)Weekends/PH Only
CityRail - Rail Replacement Bus
- 10_SCL - to Waterfall/Central Station (Express Service) Service Operates During Trackwork Only
- 20_SCL - All Stations to Thirroul then express to Waterfall and Central Service Operates During Trackwork Only
- 30_SCL - All Stations to Thirroul then express to Waterfall, Sutherland and Central Service Operates During Trackwork Only