|Full name||Omar Mascarell González|
|Date of birth||2 February 1993|
|Place of birth||Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain|
|Height||1.80 m (5 ft 11 in)|
|Derby County (on loan from Real Madrid B)|
|2011–||Real Madrid B||76||(8)|
|2012–2013||Real Madrid C||21||(2)|
|2014–||→ Derby County (loan)||8||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 10:30, 28 August 2014 (UTC).
† Appearances (Goals).
Born in Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Canary Islands, Mascarell joined Real Madrid's youth system at the age of 17, arriving from local CD Laguna de Tenerife. On 21 August 2011 he made his debut as a senior, playing with Real Madrid Castilla against Sporting de Gijón B for the Segunda División B championship; he contributed with 24 games during the season (11 starts) as the B's returned to Segunda División after an absence of five years, scoring twice in the process.
Mascarell started the 2012–13 campaign with the C-team also in the third level, but was promoted back to the reserves after only a couple of weeks. He played his first professional match on 28 October 2012, coming on as a substitute for Pedro Mosquera for the last 17 minutes of a 2–4 home loss against Sporting de Gijón.
On 6 August 2014, Mascarell joined English club Derby County on a season long loan. He made his debut as a substitute in the 53rd minute in a 1–0 win against Rotherham United on 9 August 2014. On 8 November, Derby County Played and beat Wolverhampton Wanderers 5–0. Although not scoring he picked up the Man of the match award and performed a number of 'Maradona Turns' during the game.
He had played for Spain at youth level. Mascarell has origins in Equatorial Guinea on the paternal side. In May 2012 he was called by the national team of that country for the 2014 FIFA World Cup qualifiers against Tunisia and Sierra Leone. He travelled to Malabo, but nonetheless declined to play in any of the two matches because he had already represented Spain at youth level and did not want to give up on that option; according to the local press, Federación Ecuatoguineana de Fútbol was completing the administrative procedures of his eligibility.
- Real Madrid Castilla 1–0 Sporting B; RFEF, 21 August 2011 (Spanish)
- Continúa el 'Efecto Sandoval' ('Sandoval Effect' continues); Marca, 28 October 2012 (Spanish)
- "Mourinho bows out with win". ESPN FC. 1 June 2013. Retrieved 1 June 2013.
- "Derby County Sign Omar Mascarell On Loan From Real Madrid". Derby County F.C. Retrieved 6 August 2014.
- Omar Mascarell es titular con la selección sub 20 ante el Castilla; Spain Press, 20 February 2013 (Spanish)
- Cargando las pilas (Charging batteries); Club Balonmano Tejina, 5 June 2012 (Spanish)
- The National Nzalang begins the journey to Brazil 2014 with a match against Tunisia; Guinea Ecuatorial Press, 2 June 2012
- Real Madrid official profile
- BDFutbol profile
- Futbolme profile (Spanish)
- Lapreferente profile (Spanish)
- Soccerway profile