|Type||Public (NSE: ONMOBILE) (BSE: 532944)|
|Founded||California, U.S. (September 2000 )|
|Key people||Mouli Raman (Co-Founder & CEO)|
|Revenue||Rs. 537 crore (FY 2010-11)|
|Profit||Rs. 86 crore (FY 2010-11)|
OnMobile Global Limited is India’s largest value-added service (VAS) company. The company offers content management, content aggregation and distribution, voice short codes, mCommerce solutions, missed call alerts, multimedia push services, mobile advertising, mobile search, ringtones, ringback tones, personalized music greetings, mobile media portals, phone backup, voiceportals, and voice SMS.
OnMobile is headquartered in Bangalore, India where it has an R&D and network operations center. OnMobile also has offices in Mumbai, Delhi, Bangladesh, Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Sydney, London, Dubai, Cairo, Nairobi, Miami, Montreal, Bellevue, and San Rafael.
Originally incorporated in September 2000 in California under the name Onscan Technologies India Private Limited as a spin off from Infosys, the company relocated to India. The company changed its name to OnMobile Asia Pacific Private Limited in April 2001 and finally to its current name in August 2007. OnMobile became the first Indian telecom VAS company to go public when it was listed on the Bombay Stock Exchange and the National Stock Exchange of India on 19 February 2008.
As of 2013, OnMobile acquired five companies in order to expand their product line.
The acquisition of French data products company Voxmobili in 2007, expanded OnMobile's operations to the Pacific, Australia, and the United States. Voxmobili provided services to Orange, Cingular, Vodafone, and France Telecom.
OnMobile paid €12 Million for acquiring French speech recognition company Telisma S.A. Telisma has a speech recognition technology available in 10 Indian languages - Hindi, Bengali, Tamil, Gujarati, Punjabi, Kannada, Telugu, Malayalam, Marathi, and English. Previously, OnMobile had used speech recognition from Nuance Communications that supported 15 different languages.
In October 2010, OnMobile purchased Dilithium Networks, a developer of 3G video technology, for an undisclosed amount.
In June 2013, OnMobile acquired Livewire Mobile, a ringtone, ringback tone, an infotainment company, for $17.8 million.
- "OnMobile Global Limited, Annual Report 2012" (PDF). OnMobile. Retrieved 2011-11-10.
- Pratap, Rashmi (2009-02-11). "Mobile2W to merge with VAS provider Altruist Group". The Economic Times. Retrieved 2009-03-06.
- "Macquarie Research puts 'outperform' on OnMobile Global". The Economic Times. 2008-09-07. Retrieved 2009-03-10.
- "Citigroup Global Markets puts 'buy' on OnMobile Global". The Economic Times. 2008-09-10. Retrieved 2009-03-10.
- "OnMobile Global Limited, Contact Us". OnMobile. Retrieved 2012-07-13.
- Sen, Swagata (2008-11-28). "The right connection". India Today. Retrieved 2009-03-10.
- "Infosys spin-off OnMobile gets $28-m funding". The Hindu Business Line. 2006-10-06. Retrieved 2009-03-10.
- "Grading Rationale for CRISIL IPO Grading, OnMobile Global Limited". CRISIL. Retrieved 2009-04-19.
- Jagadeesh, Namitha (2009-02-20). "OnMobile Global lists at 19% premium". livemint.com. Retrieved 2009-03-06.
- Ranganathan, Chandra (2012-07-10). "OnMobile CEO Arvind Rao resigns due to corporate governance issues". The Economic Times. Retrieved 2012-07-23.
- "OnMobile CEO quits as governance review finds fault". Firstpost. 2012-07-10. Retrieved 2012-07-23.
- Sriram, R (2008-12-28). "OnMobile snaps up ITFinity". The Economic Times. Retrieved 2009-03-06.
- Joji Thomas, Philip; Chaitali Chakravarty (2007-09-03). "OnMobile to buy France’s Voxmobili for Rs 150 cr". The Economic Times. Retrieved 2009-03-06.
- Pahwa, Nikhil (2007-09-03). "OnMobile To Acquire Voxmobili for $35.12 Million". ContentSutra. Retrieved 2009-03-06.
- "OnMobile Paid Over $18 Million For Telisma; $20 Million Revenues, $3.6 Million Profit; Nepal Operator RBT". MediaNama.com. Retrieved 2009-07-31.
- Shah, Cerius (2008-05-18). "OnMobile Acquires France’s Telisma S.A.". ContentSutra. Retrieved 2009-03-06.
- "OnMobile completes deployment of Nuance speech solutions". WebIndia123.com. Retrieved 2009-03-06.
- "OnMobile buys Dilithium Networks’ 3G video tech". The Hindu Business Line. 2010-10-05. Retrieved 2010-11-26.
- Phadnis, Shilpa (2013-06-04). "OnMobile to buy Livewire Mobile for $17.8 million". Times of India. Retrieved 2013-07-01.