|Incorporated||October 23, 1967|
|• Mayor||Dan Clarion|
|• Total||7.7 sq mi (19.9 km2)|
|• Land||6.0 sq mi (15.6 km2)|
|• Water||1.7 sq mi (4.3 km2)|
|Elevation||43 ft (13 m)|
|• Density||26.8/sq mi (10.3/km2)|
|Time zone||Alaska (AKST) (UTC-9)|
|• Summer (DST)||AKDT (UTC-8)|
Ouzinkie is located at(57.923, -152.502).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the hamlet has a total area of 7.7 square miles (20 km2), of which 6.0 square miles (16 km2) is land and 1.6 square miles (4.1 km2) (21.48%) is water.
As of the census of 2000, there were 225 people, 74 households, and 56 families residing in the hamlet. The population density was 37.3 people per square mile (14.4/km²). There were 86 housing units at an average density of 14.3 per square mile (5.5/km²). The racial makeup of the hamlet was 11.11% White, 80.89% Native American, and 8.00% from two or more races. 4.44% of the population were Hispanic or Latino of any race.
There were 74 households out of which 44.6% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 51.4% were married couples living together, 20.3% had a female householder with no husband present, and 24.3% were non-families. 21.6% of all households were made up of individuals and 6.8% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 3.04 and the average family size was 3.52.
In the hamlet the age distribution of the population shows 36.4% under the age of 18, 6.7% from 18 to 24, 20.4% from 25 to 44, 27.6% from 45 to 64, and 8.9% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 33 years. For every 100 females there were 84.4 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 90.7 males.
The median income for a household in the hamlet was $52,500, and the median income for a family was $54,375. Males had a median income of $38,333 versus $45,625 for females. The per capita income for the hamlet was $19,324. About 6.1% of families and 6.0% of the population were below the poverty line, including 8.8% of those under the age of eighteen and 4.5% of those sixty five or over.
- 1996 Alaska Municipal Officials Directory. Juneau: Alaska Municipal League/Alaska Department of Community and Regional Affairs. January 1996. p. 114.
- "Community: Ouzinkie". Community Database Online. Juneau: Alaska Department of Commerce, Community and Economic Development, Division of Community and Regional Affairs. February 11, 2014. Retrieved February 24, 2014.
- ANLC : Alaska Native Place Names
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Mishler, Craig. Black Ducks & Salmon Bellies An Ethnography of Old Harbor and Ouzinkie, Alaska. Virginia Beach, Virginia: Donning Co. Pub, 2003. ISBN 1-57864-218-3