Amond after scoring for Shamrock Rovers v Sligo in 2008
|Full name||Pádraig Amond|
|Date of birth||15 April 1988|
|Place of birth||Carlow, Ireland|
|Height||1.80 m (5 ft 11 in)|
|Playing position||Striker / Winger|
|2007||→ Kildare County (loan)||13||(5)|
|2010–2012||Paços de Ferreira||17||(0)|
|2011–2012||→ Accrington Stanley (loan)||42||(7)|
|2008||Republic of Ireland U21||4||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 20:52, 21 September 2013 (UTC).
† Appearances (Goals).
Amond joined Shamrock Rovers in 1999 and progressed through the schoolboy ranks of the club. He represented the club in the Milk Cup in both 2003 and 2004, assisting the team in reaching the quarter finals the first year. He scored the Hoops' first goal of the tournament in 2003 in a 3–1 defeat of Israeli side Maccabi Haifa in the junior section game at The Warren, Portstewart.
He was promoted to the senior squad for the 2006 season, making his League of Ireland debut as a substitute against Athlone Town on 16 March 2006. He made ten appearances, eight from the bench, for the whole season and scored his only goal against Finn Harps in September 2006. Amond also represented his native county of Carlow at minor (under-18) level hurling in 2006, reaching the Leinster final at Croke Park.
Amond joined Kildare County on a season long loan for the 2007 season. He became the first opposition player to score at Athlone Town's new stadium at Lissywollen in the League of Ireland First Division game between Kildare County and Athlone Town on 16 April 2007. Amond scored twice in what was Kildare County's first victory of the season. He went on to score five goals for Kildare before being recalled by Shamrock Rovers.
Amond scored Shamrock Rovers' 4000th league goal in a 4–0 win over Galway United on 14 September. He scored his first goal of the 2008 season on 18 April and followed it with another three weeks later. He earned his first cap for the Republic of Ireland U21 team against Austria on 19 August 2008. He made his second appearance for the team in Bulgaria and his first start against Portugal. He earned his fourth cap in October 2008 in Lithuania.
On his time in Ireland Padraig reflects: “Shamrock Rovers is the biggest and best club in Ireland by a distance and to have come all the way up through the ranks is something that I am very proud of. If you speak to anyone in Ireland they have a good memory of Rovers and it was a great opportunity for me to play for them. Hopefully, I will return and play for Rovers again some day.” 
In September 2010, Amond signed for Portuguese Primeira Liga side Paços de Ferreira for an undisclosed fee. He made his debut as a substitute in a home game against Braga on 19 September, helping his team haul back a two goal deficit to draw the match 2–2. He made his second start and scored his first goal for Paços de Ferreira against Leixoes in the Portuguese league cup on 10 November. Amond made a total of 17 league appearances for Pacos, but with all of them coming from the substitutes bench it meant that the forward played just over 300 minutes in total. On his final appearance for the club, he set up his side's equaliser in a 3–3 draw away to F.C. Porto.
On 26 August 2011, it was announced that Amond had signed for English League Two club Accrington Stanley on a season-long loan deal. After leaving Accrington Stanley, Amond went on trial with Morecambe. Amond signed for Morecambe on 1 August 2013, on a free transfer after a successful trial period.
- Carlow Sportsperson of the Year Award (Soccer): 2006, 2009
- "Professional retain list & free transfers 2012/13" (PDF). The Football League. 18 May 2013. p. 85. Retrieved 25 July 2013.
- "Pádraig Amond – Paços de Ferreira – Primeira Liga". The Irish Times. Retrieved 1 February 2011.
- "Amond strike earns Rovers victory". Raidió Teilifís Éireann. 12 September 2006. Retrieved 1 February 2011.
- "Shamrock Rovers 4–0 Galway United". Raidió Teilifís Éireann. 14 September 2007. Retrieved 1 February 2011.
- "Stoppage-time equaliser denies Irish U21s victory in Austria". FAI. 19 August 2008. Retrieved 12 February 2011.
- "Bulgaria claim victory over Irish Under-21s in Sofia". FAI. 5 September 2008. Retrieved 12 February 2011.
- "Garvan brace earns Ireland Under-21s a point against Portugal". FAI. 9 September 2008. Retrieved 12 February 2011.
- "Ireland Under-21s power past Lithuania". FAI. 14 October 2008. Retrieved 12 February 2011.
- "Amond and Doyle sign for Rovers". Sligo Rovers Football Club. 3 December 2009. Retrieved 3 December 2009.
- "Amond Joins Pacos de Ferreira". Extratime.ie. 2 September 2010. Retrieved 2 September 2010.
- "Amond aiming for an Ireland call-up". GreenScene. 24 September 2010. Retrieved 13 February 2011.
- "Upsets galore in the League Cup". Portugoal.net. 10 November 2010. Retrieved 11 November 2010.
- "Morecambe sign striker Padraig Amond after successful trial". BBC Sport. 1 August 2013. Retrieved 30 August 2013.