Palmer Township, Washington County, Ohio
|Palmer Township, Washington County, Ohio|
The Shinn Covered Bridge, northeast of Bartlett
Municipalities and townships of Washington County.
|• Total||22.6 sq mi (58.6 km2)|
|• Land||22.6 sq mi (58.6 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation ||827 ft (252 m)|
|• Density||27.6/sq mi (10.7/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1087142|
Located in the western part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Watertown Township - northeast
- Barlow Township - southeast
- Fairfield Township - south
- Wesley Township - west
- Windsor Township, Morgan County - northwest
No municipalities are located in Palmer Township.
Name and history
Statewide, the only other Palmer Township is located in Putnam County.
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Washington County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- Owen, Lorrie K., ed. Dictionary of Ohio Historic Places. Vol. 2. St. Clair Shores: Somerset, 1999, 1399.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.