'Trollied' title card
|Created by||Anne Marie O'Connor
|Written by||Paul Doolan
Anne Marie O'Connor
|Directed by||Paul Walker
|Country of origin||United Kingdom|
|No. of series||3|
|No. of episodes||36 (List of episodes)|
|Running time||23 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Roughcut TV|
|Picture format||16:9 (1080i HDTV)|
|Original run||4 August 2011– present|
Trollied is a British sitcom about employees in a fictional supermarket named "Valco", which debuted on Sky1 on 4 August 2011 at 9:00pm, and is the first sitcom made for Sky1 since Time Gentlemen Please in 2002. The series was filmed in a purpose-built replica supermarket in the Bottle Yard Studios in Bristol throughout April and May 2011 for the first series with the second series being filmed in June and July 2012. At the conclusion of series 1, Sky1 confirmed that the series had been recommissioned for two additional series of 13 episodes each, and a Christmas Special in 2012. The third series began airing from 22 August 2013 and ended on 7 November 2013. A second Christmas Special for 2013 aired on 24 December 2013. On 20 March 2014 it was announced that Sky had commissioned a fourth series of Trollied which is due to air later in the year. The fourth series started filming in Bristol in June 2014.
The show takes place in the fictional supermarket of Valco in Warrington, where the hapless staff deal with the everyday problems of running a value supermarket in the north west of England. The show explores the relationships between the staff, customers and managers as romances and rivalries blossom on the shop floor
|Gavin Strong||Store Manager||Jason Watkins||2011- (1.01-)|
|Margaret||Delicatessen||Rita May||2011- (1.01-)|
|Leighton||Store assistant||Joel Fry||2011- (1.01-)|
|Colin||Store assistant||Carl Rice||2011- (1.01-)|
|Lisa||Checkout operator||Beverly Rudd||2011- (1.01-)|
|Sue||Customer Service||Lorraine Cheshire||2011- (1.01-)|
|Linda||Customer Service||Faye McKeever||2011- (1.01-)|
|Ian||Security Guard||Victor McGuire||2012- (2.01-)|
|Neville||Checkout operator||Dominic Coleman||2012- (2.03-)|
|Dave||Fishmonger||Danny Kirrane||2013- (3.01-)|
|Ray||Fishmonger||Adeel Akhtar||2013- (3.01-)|
|Harry||Store Assistant||Jack Carroll||2014- (4.01-)|
|Brian||Pharmacist||Stephen Tompkinson||2014- (4.01-)|
|Rose||Colin's Nan||Miriam Margoyles||2014- (4.01-)|
|Charlotte||Valco Owner's Daughter||Aisling Bea||2014- (4.01-)|
|Julie Cook||Deputy Manager||Jane Horrocks||2011-2013 (1.01-3.14)|
|Kieran||Butcher||Nick Blood||2011-2013 (1.01-3.13)|
|Katie||Checkout Supervisor||Chanel Cresswell||2011-2013 (1.01-3.13)|
|Andy||Head Butcher||Mark Addy||2011-2013 (1.01-3.05)|
|Sharon||Head Baker||Jo Enright||2012 (2.01-2.14)|
|Lorraine||Ex Store Manager||Stephanie Beacham||2012 (2.01-2.08)|
|Andrew||Checkout operator||Rory Nolan||2012 (2.02-2.10)|
|Richard France||Director Of Strategy||Chris Geere||2013 (3.01-3.13)|
|Anna||Checkout operator||Elizabeth Bower||2013 (3.01-3.13)|
Following the debut of Trollied, Ian Richardson, manager of Morrisons supermarket in Thornbury, wrote an article in The Guardian newspaper, saying the show was the topic of the discussion in the staff canteen and that he felt the attention to detail on the set was excellent, making a realistic setting. In Mr Richardson’s article he commented that the show portrayed many similarities with his supermarket, but he could not relate to the use of bad language on the shop floor or poor customer service levels. He felt that it was a shame there was not more customer interaction.
- Series One was released as a 2 disc set on 17 October 2011.
- Series Two and The Christmas Special 2012 was released as a 2 disc set on 31 December 2012.
- Series Three and The Christmas Special 2013 was released as a 2 disc set on 30 December 2013
- Jane Horrocks in new Sky1 comedy 'Trollied' Digital Spy, April 2011
- About The Show Sky1 HD, July 2011
- Sky Confirms The Future For Trollied Valco Served You Right....!
- "Sky commissions Trollied Series 4 and announces FX US deal". British Comedy Guide. 20 March 2014. Retrieved 24 March 2014.
- Guardian Article Morrisons Manager Ian Richardson
- "Trollied, Series 1 [DVD]". Amazon.co.uk. Retrieved 29 January 2011.
- "Trollied: Series 2 [DVD]". Amazon.co.uk. Retrieved 22 August 2012.
- "Trollied: Series 3 [DVD]". Amazon.co.uk. Retrieved August 5, 2013.
- Official website
- Trollied at the Internet Movie Database
- Trollied at the British Comedy Guide
- Timelapse video of Trollied set build