|Created by||Anne Marie O'Connor
|Written by||Paul Doolan
Anne Marie O'Connor
|Directed by||Paul Walker (Series 1–2)
Jonathan Gershfield (Series 2–)
Paul Murphy (Series 2–)
Paul Harrison (Series 3–)
|Country of origin||United Kingdom|
|No. of series||4|
|No. of episodes||44 (list of episodes)|
|Producer(s)||Sue Howells (Series 1)
Rachel Salter (Series 2)
Alexander Smith (Series 3–)
|Editor(s)||Mark Davies (Series 1)
Nick Ames (Series 1–2)
Tim Marchant (series 2–)
Nigel Cattle (Series 3–)
|Running time||30 minutes (inc. adverts)|
|Production company(s)||Roughcut TV|
|Original channel||Sky 1|
|Picture format||16:9 (1080i HDTV)|
|Original release||4 August 2011– Present|
Trollied is a British sitcom about employees in a fictional supermarket named "Valco", which debuted on Sky 1 on 4 August 2011 at 9:00pm, and is the first sitcom made for Sky 1 since Time Gentlemen Please in 2002. The series was filmed in a purpose-built replica supermarket in the Bottle Yard Studios in Bristol throughout April and May 2011 for the first series with the second series being filmed in June and July 2012.
At the conclusion of series 1, Sky 1 confirmed that the series had been recommissioned for two additional series of 13 episodes each, and a Christmas Special in 2012. The third series began airing from 22 August 2013 and ended on 7 November 2013. A second Christmas Special for 2013 aired on 24 December 2013. On 20 March 2014 it was announced that Sky had commissioned a fourth series of Trollied which aired in October 2014. The fourth series started filming in Bristol in June 2014 and began transmission on 3 November 2014 and concluded on 22 December 2014. A fifth series was confirmed on 11 May 2015.
The show takes place in the fictional supermarket of Valco in Warrington, where the hapless staff deal with the everyday problems of running a value supermarket in the north west of England. The show explores the relationships between the staff, customers and managers as romances and rivalries blossom on the shop floor, along with a realistic supermarket atmosphere that customers and store employees in reality can relate to. This includes customer stereotypes and rivalries with other store branches such as Valco in Wigan.
|Julie Cook||Jane Horrocks||Deputy Store Manager||1.01–S.02|
|Andy Richmond||Mark Addy||Head Butcher||1.01–3.05|
|Gavin Strong||Jason Watkins||Store Manager||1.01–|
|Katie||Chanel Cresswell||Checkout Operator (1), Kiosk Assistant (2), Checkout Supervisor (3)||1.01–3.13|
|Leighton||Joel Fry||Store Assistant||1.01–S.02|
|Colin||Carl Rice||Store Assistant||1.01–|
|Lisa||Beverly Rudd||Checkout Operator||1.01–|
|Margaret||Rita May||Deli counter assistant / Checkout operator (1–3), Pharmacy assistant||1.01–|
|Sue||Lorraine Cheshire||Customer Service Assistant||1.01–|
|Linda||Faye McKeever||Customer Service Assistant||1.01–|
|Lorraine||Stephanie Beacham||Store Manager||2.01–2.08|
|Sharon||Jo Enright||Head Baker||2.01–S.01|
|Ian||Victor McGuire||Security Guard||2.01–|
|Andrew||Rory Nolan||Checkout Operator||2.02–2.10|
|Neville||Dominic Coleman||Kiosk Assistant (2), Butcher||2.03–|
|Richard France||Chris Geere||Director of Strategy||3.01–3.13|
|Anna||Elizabeth Bower||Checkout Operator||3.01–3.13|
|Harry||Jack Carroll||Checkout Operator||4.01–|
|Rose||Miriam Margolyes||Checkout operator||4.01–|
|Daniel||Samuel Anderson||Assistant Store Manager||4.02–|
|Charlotte "Charlie" O'Connor||Aisling Bea||Store Assistant||4.02–|
|Brendan O’Connor||Simon Delaney||Valco Owner||4.02–|
Following the debut of Trollied, Ian Richardson, manager of Morrisons supermarket in Thornbury, wrote an article in The Guardian newspaper, saying the show was the topic of the discussion in the staff canteen and that he felt the attention to detail on the set was excellent, making a realistic setting. In Mr Richardson’s article he commented that the show portrayed many similarities with his supermarket, but he could not relate to the use of bad language on the shop floor or poor customer service levels. He felt that it was a shame there was not more customer interaction.
- Series One was released as a 2 disc set on 17 October 2011.
- Series Two and The Christmas Special 2012 was released as a 2 disc set on 31 December 2012.
- Series Three and The Christmas Special 2013 was released as a 2 disc set on 30 December 2013.
- Series One, Two and Three was released as a 6 disc set on 6 October 2014.
- Series Four was released as a 2 disc set on 5 January 2015.
- Jane Horrocks in new Sky1 comedy 'Trollied' Digital Spy, April 2011
- About The Show Sky 1 HD, July 2011
- Sky Confirms The Future For Trollied Valco Served You Right....!
- "Sky commissions Trollied Series 4 and announces FX US deal". British Comedy Guide. 20 March 2014. Retrieved 24 March 2014.
- "Trollied to return for fifth series". British Comedy Guide. Retrieved 11 May 2015.
- Guardian Article Morrisons Manager Ian Richardson
- "Trollied - Series 1 [DVD]". Amazon.co.uk. Retrieved 23 November 2013.
- "Trollied: Series 2 [DVD]". Amazon.co.uk. Retrieved 23 November 2013.
- "Trollied Series 3 [DVD]". Amazon.co.uk. Retrieved 23 November 2013.
- "Trollied - Series 1 - 3 [DVD] ". Amazon.co.uk. Retrieved 23 November 2013.
- "Trollied Series 4 [DVD]". Amazon.co.uk. Retrieved 23 November 2013.