- for the river of New Caledonia see Plum River (New Caledonia)
The Plum River is a tributary of the Mississippi River, about 46.6 miles (75.0 km) long, in northwestern Illinois in the United States. It rises in Jo Daviess County and flows generally south-southwestwardly into Carroll County, where it joins the Mississippi at Savanna. Among its several short tributaries are the East Plum River, which rises in Stephenson County and flows southwestwardly into Carroll County, and the Muddy Plum River, which flows for its entire length in Jo Daviess County.
- U.S. Geological Survey. National Hydrography Dataset high-resolution flowline data. The National Map, accessed May 13, 2011
- Columbia Gazetteer of North America entry
- DeLorme (2003). Illinois Atlas & Gazetteer. Yarmouth, Maine: DeLorme. ISBN 0-89933-321-4.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Plum River
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: East Plum River
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Muddy Plum River