||This article's lead section may not adequately summarize key points of its contents. (February 2014)|
||This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (February 2014)|
Screenshot of PotPlayer 1.5.34321
|Original author(s)||Kang Yong-Hui|
|Stable release||1.5.45955 / March 6, 2014|
|Preview release||1.5.45773 Beta / February 24, 2014|
|Operating system||Windows XP and later|
|Available in||English, Korean|
PotPlayer has several features, including, but not limited to:
- Ability to play and stream most video and audio formats
- Ability to play incomplete or damaged AVI files (by skipping the damaged frames)
- Can remember where the user left off in a video and resume
- Keyboard shortcuts for most tasks, including seeking, volume, zoom, brightness, contrast, and even subtitle resyncing
- Subtitle support, including SAA and ASS support as well as embedded subtitles in MKV, OGM, MP4, MOV and 3GP files
- Users can choose different skins for different types of files, make the windows transparent, and hide the window border when playing
- Video filters, like deinterlacing, video post-processing and noise reduction for customized playback
- Audio equalizer and [clarify] that lets users adjust the brightness, contrast and hue of the video
Xenon Magazine wrote "the whole concept of this multimedia player is to be able to play smoothly any media file you throw at it without the help of any audio or video codec packs installed on a Windows PC." [...] "If you are to use it for your multimedia files on your Windows PC (or notebook) – there is no other player out there that could match its stability and versatility".
Lifehacker chose PotPlayer as the "Best Video Player for Windows", saying, "For its great performance, high number of features, and ability to play just about anything, we recommend PotPlayer for all your video playing needs." PotPlayer was also chosen by Lifehacker readers as the third most popular Blu-ray playback suite.
Giorgiana Arghire, writing for Softpedia, noted that, "PotPlayer gives its users great control over its functions [...]", concluding, "PotPlayer is a comprehensive multimedia software that plays movies and display subtitles in a seamless way, without asking too much input from users, unless they specifically want to personalize it to their liking and modify its default settings." She gave it a rating of 4.5 out of 5.
Elena Santos, writing for Softonic, noted that PotPlayer "is yet another video player that stands out for an impressive list of supported formats and a bunch of configuration settings", and gave it a rating of 8 out of 10.
- K-Multimedia Player (also by Kang Yong-Hui)
- "Download PotPlayer". videohelp.com. Retrieved 2013-08-28.
- Arghire, Giorgiana (20 March 2013). "PotPlayer". Softpedia. SoftNews. Retrieved 25 February 2014.
- Whitson Gordon (2011-07-19). "The Best Video Player for Windows". Lifehacker. Retrieved 2012-06-27.
- Xenon Team (2011-08-12). "The New King of the Software Multimedia Players". Xenon Magazine. Retrieved 2011-06-27.
- Henry, Alan (2011-12-27). "Most Popular Blu-Ray Playback Suite: Cyberlink PowerDVD". Lifehacker. Retrieved 2012-06-27.
- Santos, Elena. "PotPlayer". Softonic. Retrieved 2013-06-27.