Precious Lara Quigaman
|Beauty pageant titleholder|
|Born||Precious Lara San Agustin Quigaman
January 3, 1983
Taguig City, Metro Manila, Philippines
|Height||5 ft 6 in (1.68 m)|
|Weight||110 lb (7 st 12 lb; 50 kg)|
|Eye color||Dark Brown|
|Title(s)||Binibining Pilipinas-International 2005
Miss International 2005
|Binibining Pilipinas 2001
Binibining Pilipinas 2005
Miss International 2005
Precious Lara San Agustin Quigaman-Alcaraz, Order of Lakandula awardee, (January 3, 1983, Taguig, Philippines) is a Filipino actress, multi-product endorser and former beauty queen who won the Miss International 2005 beauty pageant held in Tokyo, Japan. She is the fourth Filipino to have won the crown, after Gemma Cruz in 1964, Aurora Pijuan in 1970, and Melanie Marquez in 1979. Prior to winning Miss International, Quigaman joined Binibining Pilipinas twice, first in 2001 and last in 2005. The latter ultimately earned her the title of Binibining Pilipinas-International.
Based in Bristol, United Kingdom, Quigaman is the eldest of four children of Nelson Quigaman of Ligao City in the province of Albay and Princesita San Agustin, a registered nurse. She grew up in Biñan, Laguna, and eventually Bahrain, where her father worked. After five years, she returned to Biñan and finished high school at La Consolacion College. Before moving to Bahrain, she studied for a semester at the University of Santo Tomas in Manila. In England, she attended South Gloucestershire and Stroud College, originally called Filton College where she studied Media Production and Communication.
Quigaman got engaged to her longtime boyfriend, Marco Alcaraz in 2010 and got married in a civil ceremony in January 1, 2011 in Vancouver, Canada. Got married again in July 8, 2012 in a Christian wedding ceremony that was held at the Hacienda Isabela in Tagaytay City.
She gave birth to a seven-pound baby boy on Nov. 10, 12:52 a.m. via cesarean section at the Asian Hospital and Medical Center in Alabang, Muntinlupa City.
|2013||Kung Fu Divas|
|2011||Enteng Ng Ina Mo||Ina Berde|
|2009||Buenavista (Ang Kasaysayan ng Lucena)||Conchita|
|Kapag Tumibok Ang Puso: Not Once, But Twice||Sara|
Awards and Achievements
- People Asia Magazine: People of the Year- 2005
- Presidential Order of Lakandula: Champion for Life (Alongside Manny Pacquiao given by President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo).
- Nominee for 23rd PMPC Star Awards for Movie. New Actress Award 2007
- Ricky Lo (September 27, 2005). "RP bet is Miss International 2005". philstar.com. The Philippine Star. Retrieved October 9, 2013.
- Interview by Tinna S. Bonifacio (November 2005). "CELEBRITY PROFILE". ph.jobsdb.com. JobsDB.com. Retrieved October 9, 2013.
- "Precious Lara Quigaman Biography". PINOYSTOP. Retrieved October 9, 2013.
- FUNFARE by Ricky Lo (July 11, 2012). "Mr. and Mrs. Marco Alcaraz (nee Precious Lara Quigaman): One wedding & a baby". philstar.com. The Philippine Star. Retrieved October 9, 2013.
- Rowena Tan (September 21, 2013). "Precious mommy moments". mb.com.ph. Manila Bulletin. Retrieved October 9, 2013.
|Awards and achievements|
Daniela di Giacomo