Red Alert (song)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2014)|
|Single by Basement Jaxx|
|from the album Remedy|
|Released||18 April 1999|
UK garage (Steve Gurley Mix)
|Basement Jaxx singles chronology|
"Red Alert" is a song by British electronic dance music duo Basement Jaxx. It was the first single released from their debut album, Remedy. It later appears on Basement Jaxx: The Singles. It ties with "Romeo" as their second-highest UK Singles Chart placing at number 5. It also became their first number 1 hit on the U.S. Hot Dance Music/Club Play. The song contains a sample of the song "Far Beyond" by Locksmith. The intro section of the Jaxx Club Mix contains several electronic sound effect samples from random sources, such as the audible beeping used at pedestrian crosswalks in many countries, particularly Australia.
Basement Jaxx remixed the track themselves calling it "Miracles Keep on Playin'". It appears on the Rendez-vu single release and samples The Jackson Sisters' track, "Miracles".
The US video takes place in a world where music is outlawed and follows cops as they find and bust musicians, similar to the plot of Fahrenheit 451 but substituting books with music. The video includes cameo appearances by other musicians being arrested, most notably Moby.
In the UK version, Basement Jaxx work at a diner that is hit by a meteor that turns everyone into robot-like people.
- "Red Alert (Jaxx Radio Mix)" - 4:17
- "Red Alert (Razocaine)" - 8:25
- "Red Alert (Jaxx Nite Dub)" - 6:19
- "Red Alert (Jaxx Club Mix)" - 6:19
- "Red Alert (Eric Morrillo + Harry Romero Dub)" - 6:33
- "Red Alert (Steve Gurley Mix)" - 5:29
|Belgium (Ultratop 50 Flanders)||36|
|Canada Dance/Urban (RPM)||9|
|Netherlands (Single Top 100)||41|
|UK Singles (Official Charts Company)||5|
|US Hot Dance Club Songs (Billboard)||1|
|US Hot Dance Music/Maxi-Singles Sales (Billboard)||15|
- Whitburn, Joel (2004). Hot Dance/Disco: 1974-2003. Record Research. p. 30.
- "Ultratop.be – Basement Jaxx – Red Alert" (in Dutch). Ultratop 50. Retrieved 15 September 2014.
- "Dance/Urban - Volume 69, No. 18, August 23 1999". collectionscanada.gc.ca. Retrieved 15 September 2014.
- "Lescharts.com – Basement Jaxx – Red Alert" (in French). Les classement single. Retrieved 15 September 2014.
- "Search the charts". The Irish Charts. In the box under "Search by Song Title", put in Red Alert. Then click the button next to that box, where it says Search. Retrieved 15 September 2014.
- "Tutti i successi del 1999". Hit Parade Italia (in Italian). Retrieved 15 September 2014.
- "Dutchcharts.nl – Basement Jaxx – Red Alert" (in Dutch). Single Top 100. Retrieved 15 September 2014.
- "Basement Jaxx: Artist Chart History" UK Singles Chart. Retrieved 15 September 2014.
- "Remedy – Basement Jaxx Awards". Allmusic. Rovi Corporation. Retrieved 15 September 2014.
"I Will Go with You (Con te partirò)" by Donna Summer
|Billboard Hot Dance Club Play number-one single
August 14, 1999
"Bailamos" by Enrique Iglesias
|This 1990s single–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|