|Location||Lucknow, Lucknow district, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|Beds||250 (expandable to 554 beds)|
|Lists||Hospitals in India|
Sahara Hospital is a tertiary care private hospital in Lucknow, capital city of Uttar Pradesh state of India. The hospital is a venture of Sahara India Medical Institute Limited, a subsidiary of Sahara Prime City Limited.
Sahara Hospital was the project of Sahara India Medical Institute Limited, a subsidiary of Sahara Prime City Limited. It sits on a 27-acre (11 ha) campus at Gomti Nagar, in the neighbourhood of Lucknow. It was designed by Mumbai-based architect Hafeez Contractor. The construction contract for the hospital building (set at 490 million (US$8.2 million)) was given to Larsen & Toubro. The total cost of the project was 4 billion (US$67 million), which also included cost of medical equipment. Rising 80.06 metres (262.7 ft) and 19 floors, it is the tallest building in Lucknow.
The hospital strives to provide "quality healthcare with compassion efficiency". Among the hospital's medical specialties are general surgery, obstetrics and gynaecology, orthopedics, neurology and nephrology. There are two separate departments for oncology: the Department of Surgical Oncology, and the Department of Medical Oncology. The hospital started a hematopoietic stem cell transplantation programme in 2011. Among other specialty services are cardiology, physiotherapy and sports medicine, and transfusion medicine. The hospital has equipment for cardiac monitoring, magnetic resonance imaging, and computed tomography.
The hospital is the first medical centre in Uttar Pradesh to perform a successful elbow transplant and endoscopic cervical plate placement. Patients admitted in the 'critical care area' of hospital can be monitored by the internet protocol cameras. In addition to physicians, this remote monitoring facility is provided to the relatives of patients, so that hygiene and sterility of such areas can be maintained.
- Narayan, Jayanthi (1 July 2009). "Sahara Hospital". Construction World (via HighBeam Research). Retrieved 7 October 2013. – via HighBeam Research (subscription required)
- "Engineering & Construction – Major Domestic Orders" (PDF). Larsentoubro.com. Larsen & Toubro. 30 June 2004. p. 12. Retrieved 7 October 2013.
- "Sahara Hospital". Emporis.com. Emporis. Retrieved 13 October 2013.
- "Buildings in Lucknow". Emporis.com. Emporis. Retrieved 13 October 2013.
- "Sahara opens Super Specialty Tertiary Care ‘ Sahara Hospital’ in Lucknow". Sahara.in. Sahara India Pariwar. Retrieved 8 October 2013.
- "विश्वस्तरीय सुविधाएं हैं सहारा हॉस्पिटल में : प्रो. वोदवोस्की" [There are world class facilities in Sahara Hospital: Professor Vlodavsky] (in Hindi). Sahara Samay. 30 June 2012. Retrieved 15 October 2013.
- "Specialties". Saharahospitals.com. Sahara Hospital. Retrieved 8 October 2013.
- "Oncology–Surgical & Medical". Saharahospitals.com. Sahara Hospital. Retrieved 13 October 2013.
- "Sahara Hospital to start bone-marrow transplant". Hindustan Times (Lucknow: via HighBeam Research). 25 September 2011. Retrieved 13 October 2013. – via HighBeam Research (subscription required)
- "Sahara Hospital: Born to Serve". Express Healthcare. March 2011. Retrieved 13 October 2013.
- "About us – E-Medicine". Saharahospitals.com. Sahara Hospital. Retrieved 8 October 2013.