|Elevation||544 m (1,785 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Satana is a city and a municipal council in Nashik District in the Indian state of Maharashtra. It is in the taluka of Baglan, which is sometimes called Satana, because of the city's dominance in the taluka. The name "Satana" may be derived from "Śāṭyāyani" one of the minor Upanishads of the Muktika canon.
Satana is located at  It has an average elevation of 544 metres (1784 feet)..
As of 2001[update] India census, Satana had a population of 32,551. Males constitute 52% of the population and females 48%. Satana has an average literacy rate of 75%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 79%, and female literacy is 70%. In Satana, 12% of the population is under 6 years of age.
People from Satana
- Ninad Vitthal Yeolkar ,MS(neurosurgeon)[among the world's top surgeons].
- Dev Mamledar Yashwantrao Maharaj (Yeshvant Mahadev Bhosekar) (d. 1867), revenue officer in charge of Baglan
- Upasni Maharaj, born Kashinath Govindrao Upasni, (May 5, 1870 – December 24, 1941 ) was considered by his disciples to be a satguru.
- "Block Profile of Baglan (Satana)" Official WebSite of Nashik District
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Satana
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
|This Nashik district, Maharashtra, India location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|