Scarborough Sixth Form College
|Vice Principals||Richard Ronksley & Rowan Johnson|
|Chair of Governors||David Wormald |
|DfE URN||130593 Tables|
The Sixth Form college offers a variety of study courses to around 1,000 mostly 16–19 year olds. Courses range from level 2 (GCSE) to level 3 (Advanced Level and BTEC). A 2001 Ofsted inspection described the college as "a particularly successful college", being rated 23rd in a list of the United Kingdom's most successful colleges in that year.
An Ofsted inspection from 2011 said the college was a "good college" and it "displays elements that are outstanding, but also some satisfactory aspects."
Each Wednesday afternoon, students are encouraged to take part in the college's "X-Factor" programme. Courses on offer include Media Workshop, Orienteering, College Band, and various sports activities.
The college has a Connexions centre with staff to help students choose a career path to suit them. The Connexions centre has information on University placements, gap-years and employment for when the students leave the College.
The majority of students take AS or A2 (A-Level) qualifications, although some students choose to take the other courses on offer.
The £3 million refit of the college, including the library facility, was fully completed in November 2012.
List of courses available
|Courses||AS||A2||Double Award||Triple Award||GNVQ Int.||GCSE|
|Art & Design|
|BTEC Business Studies|
|Sports Leaders Awards|
|Design Technology Product Design|
|Drama & Theatre Studies|
|Health and Social Care (Applied)|
|History Early Modern|
|Mathematics Pure and Mechanics|
|Mathematics Pure and Statistics|
|Philosophy, Ethics & Religious Studies|
|Travel and Tourism (Applied)|
Notable former students
- Jon Armstrong (Jono), bass player with the Gugun Blues Shelter
- Eliza Carthy, folk musician
- Darren Fearn, rugby union for Newcastle Falcons
- Carolyn Hodgson, Calendar presenter
- Clive Holland, presenter of BBC One's Cowboy Trap
- Frazer Maude, Calendar presenter, and Sky News reporter
- Nigel Morris, Investigative journalist and Investigations producer for BBC London
- Mikey North, Actor in Coronation Street
- Andrew Pern, award winning chef & area winner on Great British Menu
- Tim Sheader, artistic director, at Regent's Park Open Air Theatre
- Professor Howard Wilson, expert in fusion physics
- Little Angels, hard rock band of the late 1980s and early to mid-1990s.
- http://www.s6f.org.uk/PDF/Corporation%20List(1).pdf List of Corporation Members
- http://www.education.gov.uk/cgi-bin/performancetables/school_10.pl?Mode=Z&Base=a&Type=SC&Year=10&Phase=2&Begin=1&No=8158600&Num=815&s2s=1 Department for Education - Scarborough Sixth Form College
- "College Inspection Report". Ofsted. 4 February 2002. Retrieved 11 July 2012.
- "College Inspection Report". Ofsted. 10 June 2011. Retrieved 11 July 2012.
- "The Hub Opens at S6F". S6F. 2 May 2012. Retrieved 11 July 2012.
- "New look for Sixth Form College". The Scarborough News. 25 October 2012. Retrieved 9 December 2012.