Schaffhausen railway station
Schaffhausen railway station frontage
|Elevation||404 m (1,325 ft)|
|Line(s)||Eglisau to Neuhausen line
Upper Rhine line
|Owned by||Jointly owned by Deutsche Bahn and Swiss Federal Railways|
Swiss Federal Railways
Schaffhausen is a railway station in the Swiss canton of Schaffhausen and city of Schaffhausen. The station is jointly owned by the Swiss Federal Railways (SBB) and Deutsche Bahn (DB), and is served by trains of both national operators, as well as trains of the Swiss regional operator Thurbo.
The station is a major intermediate station on the DB's Upper Rhine Railway that briefly transits Swiss territory on its route along the northern bank of the Rhine between Basel and Singen. The station is also linked to the rest of Switzerland by the Rheinfall line to Zurich via Winterthur, the Eglisau to Neuhausen line that crosses German territory to reach Eglisau and Zurich, and the Lake line to Rorschach via Stein am Rhein.
The station is served by long distance passenger trains running between Frankfurt and Zurich and between Basel and Ulm. Trains of Zurich S-Bahn services S16, S22 and S33 serve the station, although only the S16 provides a direct service to Zurich. Services S3 and S8 of the St. Gallen S-Bahn operate over the Lake line to St. Gallen and Rorschach respectively.
- Swiss Confederation. map.geo.admin.ch (Map). http://map.geo.admin.ch/?selectedNode=node_ch.swisstopo.gg25-land-flaeche.fill1&Y=689540&X=283605&zoom=8&bgLayer=ch.swisstopo.pixelkarte-farbe&layers=ch.swisstopo.gg25-gemeinde-flaeche.fill,ch.swisstopo.gg25-kanton-flaeche.fill,ch.swisstopo.gg25-land-flaeche.fill&layers_opacity=1,1,1&layers_visibility=true,true,true&lang=en. Retrieved 2012-01-05.
- Eisenbahnatlas Schweiz. Verlag Schweers + Wall GmbH. 2012. p. 3. ISBN 978-3-89494-130-7.
- "S-Bahn trains, buses and boats". ZVV. Retrieved 2012-01-05.
- "Schaffhausen–Kreuzlingen–Romanshorn". Bundesamt für Verkehr. Retrieved 2013-06-04.
- Media related to Bahnhof (Schaffhausen) at Wikimedia Commons
- Schaffhausen station on Swiss Federal Railway's web site
|This article about a railway station in Switzerland is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|