|Born||20 August 1976|
|Alma mater||St. Stephen's College, New Delhi,
University of Pune
|Employer||CNBC TV 18|
|Known for||Journalist, New Anchor|
Shereen Bhan (born 20 August 1976) is an Indian journalist and news anchor. She is the Delhi Bureau Chief and the Head of CNBC-TV18. Shereen took over as managing editor of CNBC-TV18 from September 1, 2013 after Udayan Mukherjee decided to step aside.
She is from a Kashmiri Hindu family. She did her schooling at Kendriya Vidyalaya in Kashmir and also at Air Force Bal Bharati school (A.F.B.B.S) Lodhi Road, New Delhi. Bhan graduated from St. Stephen's College, Delhi with a degree in Philosophy and a master's in Communication Studies from the University of Pune, with film and television as her area of specialization.
She began her career working as a news-researcher for Karan Thapar in his production house Infotainment Television. She joined UTV's News and Current Affairs division and produced shows like We the People for Star TV and Line of Fire for SAB TV. She joined CNBC-TV18 in December 2000.
Bhan anchors and produces several shows like Young Turks, India Business Hour, The Nation's Business and Power Turks. She also anchors and puts together CNBC-TV18's ground events like the Managing India brainstorm and the CNBC Industry Vectors.
- In April 2005, she was awarded the FICCI Woman of the Year award.
- Women's magazine Femina included her among the 20 Beautiful Faces of the year in its September 2005 issue.
- She was featured on the cover of Verve magazine's December 2008 issue
- Shereen figured among the 50 most Beautiful Women in the Vogue October 2008 issue.
- In 2009, the World Economic Forum named her as one of the Young Global Leaders of 2009.
- Shereen Bhan was adjudged Best Anchor – English in ENBA 2013 Awards.
- Shereen’s Moment
- "Brand New Dreamers". IIPM Editorial. Retrieved 2 February 2006.
- Menezes, Shifra (30 October 2007). "You have to react to news as it breaks: Shereen Bhan". Rediff. Retrieved 2 February 2010.
- "40 Women under 40 ... adding zing to corporate India!". IIPM Editorial. Retrieved 2 February 2010.
- FICCI Press Release
- Verve Archives, Dec 2008
- World Economic Forum, Young Global leaders of 2009
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Shereen Bhan.|