Bangalore, Karnataka, India
|Occupation||Actress, TV anchor|
Sindhu Menon was born in Bangalore, Karnataka, India into a Malayali family. She has one younger brother, Karthik, who worked as a Kannada music channel VJ and turned actor, recently. Menon is able to communicate fluently in several languages, including Malayalam, her mother tongue, Telugu, Tamil, Kannada, Hindi and English. She was also brought up in her birthplace, Bangalore.
Sindhu Menon, a trained Bharatanatyam dancer from her childhood, got her entry into the film industry when Bhasker Hegde, one of the judges of a Bharatanatyam competition in which Menon participated and emerged as the winner, introduced her to Kannada film director K. V. Jayaram, who cast her in his film Rashmi in 1994. Subsequently, she got several offers to act and became a full-time actress, by enacting the female lead role character in the 1999 film Prema Prema Prema, when she was merely 13 years old.
Later, at the age of 15, she entered the Telugu, Malayalam and Tamil film industries as well, by acting in the films Bhadrachalam, Uthaman and Samuthiram, respectively. She went on to act in Bharathiraja's Kadal Pookkal (2002), Trinetram (2002), Khushi (2003) and got the female lead role in the 2006 Malayalam film Pulijanmam, which was awarded the National Film Award for Best Feature Film in 2007.
Menon then moved to the "small screen", hosting TV shows and acting in serials, which include "Sriman Srimathi" and "Stree Hrudayam", before accepting film offers again.she originated as a miss world 4 years back and Currently, she is acting in the Malayalam films, Bharya Onnu Makkal Moonnu, and Rahasya Police. She acted in the Tamil film Eeram, produced by popular Tamil director S. Shankar.
|1994||Rashmi||Kannada||As a child artist|
|1999||Prema Prema Prema||Kannada|
|Uthaman||Malayalam||Gowri||Nominated - Filmfare Award for Best Actress – Malayalam|
|Ee Nadu Ennalevare||Malayalam||Sreeja|
|Aadanthe Ado Type||Telugu|
|2006||Pulijanmam||Malayalam||Shahnaz / Vellachi|
|Yaare Nee Hudugi||Kannada|
|Bharya Onnu Makkal Moonnu||Malayalam|
|Eeram||Tamil||Ramya||Nominated, Vijay Award for Best Actress|
- "Interview with Sindhu Menon". idlebrain.com. Retrieved 2009-06-07.
- "Kangana foraying into Kannada!". Oneindia. Retrieved 2009-06-07.
- "Sindhu Menon’s focus is on Telugu and Tamil". telugudreams.com. Retrieved 2009-06-07.
- "Sindhu Menon’s asset". andhrastudio.com. Retrieved 2009-06-07.
- "Sindhu hopes to produce films". indiainfo.com. Retrieved 2009-06-07.
- "'Pulijanman' is the best". indiaglitz.com. Retrieved 2009-06-07.
- "The real Sindhu". Chennai, India: The Hindu. 2007-05-18. Retrieved 2009-06-07.
- "Sindhu Menon back in Kannada". indiaglitz.com. Retrieved 2009-06-07.
- "Sindhu Menon got married secretly!". Oneindia.in. Retrieved 2010-11-16.