From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Small bowel series)
|Small bowel follow-through|
The small intestine.
- Patient drinks radio-opaque contrast, most often barium
- X-ray images of abdomen are made at timed intervals.
Categorically, the indications are:
- Negative upper endoscopy and negative lower endoscopy
- Investigation of a small bowel abnormality found on other medical imaging
- Suspected small-bowel neoplasm, e.g. small bowel cancer
- Positive fecal occult blood test
- Suspected small bowel obstruction that has been managed conservatively
- Inflammatory bowel disease (including Crohn's disease)
- Small bowel follow-through – University of Michigan
|This medical diagnostic article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|