Steve Ellis (comics)
Ellis at the 2011 New York Comic Con.
March 14, 1971 |
|Awards||Nominated for "Best Inker of the Year" 2013, Nominated for "Best Cover Artist" 2013 Harvey Award, Harvey Award Winner of "Best Online Work" 2009 Harvey Award for High Moon, Nominated for "Best Inker of the Year" 2010 Harvey Award, Paper Screen Gem Award, Galerie d'art Yves Laroche: Street Camp Juried Show 2006, Best in Show: Gen Con Art Show 2005|
Ellis is the illustrator and co-creator behind The Silencers (with Fred Van Lente) and High Moon (with David Gallaher). Ellis' command of the Russian language and attention to detail gave his work on Crimson Dynamo a more stylistic flair, with more Cyrillic markings in the background than in the later issues penciled by Joe Corroney.
Steve Ellis’ work has been featured on CD covers, computer games, trading cards, books, RPGs, magazines, toys and, of course, comics. Well versed in digital and traditional media, Steve has enjoyed widespread success painting and illustrating in the publications of Marvel and DC Comics, for Wizards of the Coast and Upper Deck, and numerous other companies over the past 14 years. His Dungeons & Dragons work for Wizards of the Coast includes interior illustrations for Libris Mortis, Frostburn, Lords of Madness, Complete Adventurer, and Player's Handbook II.
While acting as penciler and inker for Marvel Comics and DC Comics’ famous properties like Lobo, Iron Man, and Green Lantern, Steve has spearheaded such new titles as Wildstorm’s Jezebelle and the Marvel/Epic lines’ Crimson Dynamo. He has created the critically successful Science Fiction comic series Tranquility, his super-powered Mob epic The Silencers (with co-conspirator Fred Van Lente) and has had success winning the Zuda Comics online comics competition with fan favorite High Moon. He has also done numerous illustrations for covers for books and games, most notably the interior illustrations of The Sleeping Sorceress, a collection of Elric of Melnibone stories in December 2008.
- Ellis's creation High Moon (with collaborator David Gallaher and Scott O. Brown) won the "Best Online Comic" Harvey award for 2009.
- Ellis was nominated for a 2010 Harvey Awards for Best Inker.
- Ellis was nominated for a 2013 Harvey Awards for Best Inker and Best Cover
- Box 13 (with writer and co-creator David Gallaher)
- Box 13: The Pandora Process (with writer and co-creator David Gallaher)
- Deadlands: The Devil's Six Gun (with writer and co-creator David Gallaher)
- Aberrant's Aberrant: Elites
- Aberrant's Aberrant Players Guide
- Aberrant's Aberrant: The Directive
- Aberrant's Aberrant Worldwide: Phase I
- Aberrant's Aberrant: Year One
- Changeling: The Dreaming's The Fool's Luck: The Way of the Commoner
- Changeling: The Dreaming's Land of Eight Million Dreams
- Demon: The Fallen's Demon Storytellers Companion
- Demon: The Fallen's Demon: The Fallen Rulebook
- Hunter: The Reckoning's Hunter Book: Avenger
- Hunter: The Reckoning's Hunter Book: Defender
- Hunter: The Reckoning's Hunter Survival Guide
- Kindred of the East's Killing Streets
- Mage: The Ascension's Guide to the Technocracy
- Mage: The Ascension's Mage: The Ascension Revised Edition
- Vampire: The Masquerade's Clanbook: Ventrue Revised
- Werewolf: The Apocalypse's Apocalypse
- Werewolf: The Apocalypse's Werewolf: The Apocalypse Revised Edition
- World of Darkness (old)'s World of Darkness: Time of Judgment
DreamSmith Books Publishers
- Tranquility (as artist, co-creator, and co-writer)
- Confessions of a Teenage Vampire (as artist and co-creator)
- Iron Man
- Crimson Dynamo with co-creator John Jackson Miller
- All-New Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe A to Z: Update (2007)
- Hulk: Winter Guard
- Darkstar and The Winter Guard
- The Silencers
- Werewolf: The Apocalypse Bone Gnawers - 'Scavenger Hunt: Project Reaper'
- Werewolf: The Apocalypse Fianna
- High Moon - Zuda webcomic imprint - with writer and co-creator David Gallaher
- Green Lantern
- Huynh, Ngoc (December 3, 2007). "Cracking the comic book industry", The Post-Standard, p. D8.
- Bart Simpson
- Chun, Gary C. W. (March 16, 2008). "Drawn & Quartered: Horror on the Web", Honolulu Star-Bulletin 13 (76).
- "2010 Harvey Award Winners (BOLD)". The Harvey Awards. accessed October 2, 2011.
- "2010 Harvey Award Winners (BOLD)".
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Steve Ellis.|
- Special New York Comic Con 2008 Interview at comiXology
- Read High Moon on Zuda
- High Moon Production Blog
- The Hyperactive Art of Steve Ellis
- The Silencers on Moonstone Books
- http://pen-paper.net/rpgdb.php?op=showcreator&creatorid=357 archive