Sylvestra Le Touzel
||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2009)|
|Sylvestra Le Touzel|
Jersey, Channel Islands
Her first television role was in the Doctor Who story The Mind Robber, playing one of the children who bedevil the Second Doctor and his companions in the 'Land of Fiction'. She co-starred in the BBC Schools "Look and Read" series, playing Helen in their 1971 cult serial The Boy from Space, which was re-edited with a new introduction in 1980. A well-known early role was that of Fanny Price in the BBC dramatisation of Jane Austen's Mansfield Park (1983).
Le Touzel has also been seen on the small screen in shows as diverse as Dixon of Dock Green, The Brontes of Haworth, The Uninvited, The Professionals, Lovejoy, Alas Smith and Jones, Midsomer Murders, My Family and The Long Walk to Finchley (as Patricia Hornsby-Smith). In 1994 she played Sarah Teale in the TV series Between the Lines. In 2007, she also played the role of Mrs Allen in the ITV adaptation of Northanger Abbey. She has also played Harriet Waterhouse in the ITV drama Bonkers.
In 2012 film Cloud Atlas, she portrayed three different characters through the movie: Haskell Moore's Dinner Guest 5, Nurse Judd and Aide in Slaughtership.
- "Look and Read: The Boy From Space (1971)". Broadcast for Schools. 31 December 2011. Retrieved 1 September 2014.
- "Look and Read: The Boy From Space (1980)". Broadcast for Schools. 31 December 2011. Retrieved 1 September 2014.
- Sue Parrill, Jane Austen on film and television: a critical study (2002), p. 84
- "Bonkers". The Internet Movie Database. Retrieved 19 October 2009.
- "Heineken commercial - Water In Majorca". Retrieved 6 September 2011.
- http://www.montagetheatre.com/about-us/our-patrons/sylvestra-le-touzel/. Retrieved 3 September 2014. Missing or empty