|This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2014)|
TP Vision is a wholly owned subsidiary of TPV Technology, based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, which develops, manufactures and markets Philips branded TV sets in Europe, Russia, the Middle East, Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay, Paraguay and selected countries in Asia-Pacific.
In April 2012, all 3300 employees of Philips' TV division transferred to TP Vision, a joint venture 70% owned by TPV Technology, headquartered in Hong Kong, China and 30% by Royal Philips Electronics. Philips also receives royalties from TP Vision.
In 2012, Philips and TP Vision made statements about their monitoring the use of Philips branded smart TVs in the Netherlands, such as "60% of our active users switch on their television more than 50 times a month".
In response, TP Vision stated it would change its practices to conform to the law.
Notes and references
- "Philips sells HDTV business to Hong Kong-based TPV Technology, will sate itself with royalty payments". 18 Apr 2011.
- "Philips transfers TV business to a joint venture with TPV Technology, TPV takes the controlling stake". 2 Apr 2012.
- "Completion of major and connected transaction relating to acquisition of 30% equity interest in TP Vision" (PDF). Hong Kong Exchanges. 30 May 2014. Retrieved 31 May 2014.
- "Onderzoek naar de verwerking van persoonsgegevens met of door een Philips smart tv door TP Vision Netherlands B.V." (PDF). July 2013.
- "CBP: persoonsgegevens via smart tv’s verzameld in strijd met wet". 22 Aug 2013.
- "CBP: producent smart-tv schendt privacy - Tech & Media - VK". Volkskrant. 22 Aug 2013.