||This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. The specific problem is: Poorly written lists of temples, schools etc.. (June 2012)|
|Elevation||34 m (112 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Tadepalligudem is a city and a mandal in Andhra Pradesh, India. It is situated in the middle of West Godavari District, nearly 50 km from the district headquarters, Eluru. It is a rapidly growing business town in the lap of nature, surrounded by beautiful fields and canals. Tadepalligudem is known for its educational institutes in Godavari districts. It is the hub of West Godavari district which is renowned as the 'Annapurna of Andhra Pradesh'. West Godavari is the second most densely populated region after Hyderabad, with around 500 people per km2.
- 1 Geography
- 2 Demographics
- 3 Tourism
- 4 Assembly constituency
- 5 Agriculture
- 6 People
- 7 Town
- 8 Canal
- 9 Education
- 10 Transportation
- 11 Industries
- 12 References
Tadepalligudem is located at  It has an average elevation of 34 meters (114 feet)..
Distances to other Cities
- Eluru 50 km
- Pippara 12 km
- Palakol 50 km
- Narasapuram 59 km
- Nidadavole 20 km
- Kovvur 34 km
- Vijayawada 115 km 
- Hyderabad, India 421 km 
- Chennai (Madras) 556 km
- Bangalore 768 km
- Kakinada 113 km 
- Rajahmundry 43 km
- Tanuku 19 km
- Bhimavaram 32 km
- Jangareddygudem 45 km
- Bhimadole 25 km
- Khandrika narasimha puram(bmdl) 35 km
- krishna puram45 km
- West Vipparru 15 km
As per provisional data of 2011 census, Tadepalligudem urban agglomeration had a population of 103,703, out of which males were 51,236 and females were 52,467. The literacy rate was 83.11 per cent. Tadepalligudem municipality had a population of 103,577
Tadepalligudem is also a place of interest for Tourists as well. Below is the list of places to visit in and around Tadepalligudem.
- Dwarakatirumala (Chinna Tirupati) Sri Venkasteswara Swamy Vari Temple
- Sri Kanyaka Parameswari Panchayatana Kshetram, a very well known temple and a popular visitor attraction at the time of the Dasara festival (in the month of Oct or Nov).
- Papikondalu is one of the most scenic place is nearby only
- Kolleru Lake
- Bhimavaram Shiva Temple at Gunupudi one of the Pancharamas.
- Pattiseema Shiva temple, on the banks of river Godavari.
- Scenic locations of Godavari delta islands
- Sri Maddi Anjaneya Swami Vari Temple near Guravayagudem(v)
- Sri Seeta Ramachandra Swamy vari Temple, E. Yadavalli
- Buddhist Caves, Guntupalle near Jeelakarra Gudem (V)
- Jagannadhapuram is the biggest village in Tadepalligudem mandal, adorned with a beautiful landscape
- Sri Mallikarjuna Swamy Temple ( Sivalayam beside canal, tadepalligudem)
- Veerampalem Shivalayam, this is biggest temple near Tadepalligudem
- Christ Luthern Church is famous and biggest in tadepalligudem
Tadepalligudem is an assembly constituency in Andhra Pradesh.
List of Elected Members:
- 1962 - Alluri Krishna Rao.
- 1967 - Alluri Krishna Rao.
- 1972 - Eli Anjaneyulu
- 1978 - Chintalapati Seeta Ramachandra Varaprasada Murtyraju
- 1983 - Eli Anjaneyulu
- 1983 - Eli Varalakshmi
- 1985 - Yerra Narayanaswamy
- 1989 - Pasala Kanaka Sundararao
- 1994 - Pasala Kanaka Sundararao.
- 1999 - Yerra Narayanaswamy
- 2004 - Kottu Satyanarayana.
- 2009 - Eli nani
Tadepalligudem is famous for its jaggery, onion, fruits market and rice cultivation. Sugar, turmeric, bananas, etc... are also grown. It is famous for its godowns (warehouses); most of Andhra's products are stored here. Jagannadhapuram, West Godavari is the biggest village in Tadepalligudem mandal. Apparaopeta is about 15 km from Tadepalligudem. It is one of the small village in the district and known for rich paddy and sugar cane production. Jatlapalem is about 8 km from Tadepalligudem and is rich rice cultivating village.
Every Sunday most of the farmers & traders of near-by villages/towns converge in the town to buy and sell agriculture products like Grains, Vegetables, Fruits etc. This meeting is called "Santa" and is the biggest in the district.
People from Tadepalligudem can easily be identified by their characteristic Godavari Telugu accent. They have gained a reputation for being hospitable, polite and cultured in their interaction with people.
The Godavari Telugu accent places emphasis on respecting elders and strangers. To achieve this, people of this region normally use the grammatical forms of Telugu that convey respect which is not found in Telugu usage in other parts of the Andhra Pradesh. The educated and the young understand English and use it as a mode of communication with people outside the state. However Hindi is spoken by a very small percentage of population.
Near to Tadepalligudem Madavaram is located at a distance of about 16km where most of the villagers work in millatary. so that village is called as Millatary Madavaram.
This young town with the recent tremendous growth in industrial sector, became a home for major hotels, markets. great town
The Western delta canal of Godavari River flows through Tadepalligudem and separates the town into two divisions. It is the main source for drinking water and agriculture. The canal water is stored in pampula cheruvu and supplied after filteration.
Tadepalligudem (or T.P Gudem as it is colloquially known) is famous for its 'flyover canal' where one canal flows over another creating a crisscross of canals resembling an expressway crossing. It is because of this that some locals refer to their town fondly as 'Venice of Vijayawada (East)'.
The Andhra University Campus was established in 2004. Recently Andhra Pradesh government started Andhra Pradesh Horticultural University at Tadepalligudem, having four colleges in other parts of the state. It is first of its kind University in South India. There is a proposal for JNTU Engineering College in Tadepalligudem.
- Adikavi Nannya University (Andhra University Campus - Post Graduate Centre) 
- Dr.YS Rajasekhar Reddy Horticultural University(YSRHU) 
The University was established by the Government of Andhra Pradesh through G.O.Ms. No. 134 dated 26-06-2007 at Venkataramannagudem, near Tadepalligudem in West Godavari District. It is the second Horticultural University in the country. Andhra Pradesh being the leader in the production of mango, oil palm, chillies, turmeric, sweet orange, papaya and second largest producer of total fruits and spices richly deserves Horticultural University to increase the productivity, sustaining the productivity and commercialization of Horticulture in the State. The UG and PG educational programmes being offered at Rajendranagar, Hyderabad under Acharya NG Ranga Agricultural University were also brought into the fold of Andhra Pradesh Horticultural University from 2007-08 academic year onwards.
- Sri Vasavi Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, situated 5 km outside Tadepalliguem, In a village called Pedatadepalli,
- BEST Colleges, offers MBA, MCA, B.Ed, D.Ed
- AKRG College was established in 1997 in Nallajerla near Tadepalligudem.
- Sasi Institute of technology and engineering was established in 2002,very popular and good educated college, this is founded by 'Burugupalli Gopalakrishna' Chairman of group of sasi institutes
- Sri Vasavi Engineering College Providing courses B.Tech, MBA,MCA,M.Tech.
- West Godavari Institute of Science & Engineering (WISE)
- Sasi Engineering College at Kadakatla.
- Akula Gopayya Engineering College.
- Venkateswara Institute of Science & Information Technology.
- AKRG Instituations in Nallajerla (Near Tadepalligudem) School, Intermediate, polytechnic, B.Tech, M.Tech, Degree, MCA, MBA, MSc, B-Pharmacy, M-Pharmacy which is also termed as mini university.
Some of the institutes are not located in Tadepalligudem, but are in a radius of 20KM from Tadepalligudem.
Institutes within town limits of Tadepalligudem: BEST Group of Institutions, Sasi Engineering college, Sri Vasavi Institute.
- BEST Institutions
- Sri Vani Junior & Degree College-Jubilee Road
- YSR & BS Degree College
- G.M.R Degree College
- Brilliants Degree College
- Dr. Goenka Women's College
- Dr. Goenka Degree College (in Pentapadu; Pentapadu Mandal) Tadepalligudem. (one of the oldest government colleges)
- SRKR Colleges
- Mother Vannini College Of Nursing
- SRS Reddy Vocational Jr College
- Narayana Junior College.
- Sri Prathiba Junior College
- Sri Vani Junior College
- Sri vasavi YSR & B.S.J.V.R degree, pg and junior college
- Sasi Junior collage (Kadakatla)
- Brilliants' Junior College
- G.M.R Junior College
- Dr. Goenka Women's Junior College
- Dr. Goenka Junior College (Pentapadu)
- Sri Vaishnavi Women's Junior College
- Aditya Jr College
- Pragathi Jr College, Degree College
- Sri Lalitha Tutorial School, (Estd 1975), Bhagya Lakshmi Pet. Now it is Sri Lalitha Public School
- 'St.Mary's English Medium School' (ESTD 1985), Prathipadu
- 'Sun Shine English Medium School
- Mahathi English Medium High School
- Vani Public School, Subbaraopet
- Sri Chaitanya E-Techno school
- Narayana Techno School
- Kimberley E.M School Mahalakshmi Nagar
- Bhashyam Public school
- RavindraBharathi High School
- Anglo-Indian English Medium School (Estd 1986), Subbarao Pet
- Montessori English Medium School, Housing Board Colony
- St. Ann's English Medium High School, Kobbarithota
- Municipal Elementary School, Sanjeeva Nagar
- E.V.M.M High School, Kobbarithota
- S.T.V.N Hindu High School, Pentapadu
- K.V.R.M High School, Kadakatla
- St.Jones Em School (Estd 1988), RamachandraRaoPet
- Bharatiya Vidya Bhavans, Pedatadepalli, Tadepalligudem
- Sri Lalitha Vidyanikethan, (Estd 1980), RamaRao Pet. Now it is Sri Lalitha Concept School
- Vasavi Ideal Public School
- Lotus School
- Mahatma Gandhi Municipal High School, Yagarlapalli, Tadepalligudem
- Municipal High School,Subbaraopet,Tadepalligudem
G.S.R.U.P.School, Vanapalligudem Tadepalligudem is gaining recognition for its rapid development in the field of business. Its the biggest business center in West Godavari district
Tadepalligudem is well connected to most cities and towns in Andhra Pradesh by the state road transport corporation APSRTC. The city is situated at a distance of 115 km from Vijayawada, on the National Highway 5 (which connects Chennai and Kolkatta). Numerous buses run by private bus owners like Kesineni Travels, Sai Krishna Travels, etc. cut across the city on a regular basis, especially from Hyderabad and Bangalore. The distance between Hyderabad and Tadepalligudem is about 421 km, with direct buses and indirect buses via Vijayawada running throughout the day. Tadepalligudem is situated at a distance of 19 km from tanuku. The city is accessible by train and bus and there are frequent buses from Narsapur, Palakollu, Eluru, Tanuku and Ravulapalem. There are buses running every 20 mins or less from Tanuku. NH 5, part of the golden quadrilateral (i.e., Kolkata to Chennai), passes through Tadepalligudem.
Tadepalligudem Bus station is one of the big bus stations in the West Godavari district.
Tadepalligudem has an airport which is currently not in use (2.45 km long runway), which was built by the British to accommodate military aircraft during World War II. We can see the runway now also. (Built on 1942)
Recently government of Andhra Pradesh proposed an airport in Tadepalligudem along with other five cities, which is going to come up shortly.
The broad gauge Visakhapatnam-Vijayawada section of Howrah-Chennai main line passes through this town. There are daily express and passenger trains to Hyderabad, Delhi, Chennai, Kolkatta throughout the day. Tadepalligudem station is located exactly fullway between Eluru and Rajahmundry, which is the busiest line in South Central Railway. It is second biggest station in West Godavari. Almost every train passes in this line have stoppages in Tadepalligudem. Garibrath express also passess through it
Rajahmundry airport located near Madhurapudi is the nearest airport to Tadepalligudem. Gannavaram airport near Vijayawada is about 85 km from this town. Many flights from Chennai and Hyderabad connect these cities to Rajahmundry. Regular flights are serviced to Bengaluru and Hyderabad, India from Gannavaram airport near Vijayawada. Nearest International airport is Rajivgandhi International Airport at Shamshabad, Hyderabad, India
- Tadepalligudem has the one of the largest number of rice mills.
- In Tadepalligudem, Food Fats and Fertilizers(3F) is one of the biggest industrial units which produces soap oil, fertilizer raw materials and other food oil contents (palm oil, vanaspati, rice bran oil) etc. Apart from this, there are jaggery, power, steel manufacturing industries and small scale industries like chalk, candles, and cashew grading etc. Ref : [[ www.fff.co.in]]
- Its transport industry is one of the biggest in Andhra Pradesh. It consists of more than 6000 transport vehicles in the town, almost equal to the coastal capital Vijayawada transport industry (including Taxies and Lorries).
- Tadepalligudem is known as the industrial town rather than a residential/suburban one.
- Popular Telugu daily news papers Eenadu, Vaartha, Saakshi have their printing office in Tadepalligudem. Paper printed here is circulated all over the West Godavari District daily.
- From Tadepalligudem Market Mangoes and Onions are exported throughout India, Bangladesh, Malaysia, etc.
- "List of Sub-Districts". Census of India. Retrieved 2007-05-25.
- Falling Rain Genomics. Tadepalligudem
- "Urban Agglomerations/Cities having population 1 lakh and above". Provisional Population Totals, Census of India 2011. Retrieved 2012-10-20.
- "Cities having population 1 lakh and above". Provisional Population Totals, Census of India 2011. Retrieved 2012-20-10.