Andhra Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation
|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (March 2008)|
"Lifeline of the Nation"
"బస్సు చక్రం రాష్ట్ర ప్రగతికి చిహ్నం"
|Public Sector Corporation under the Ministry of Transport of the State Government's of Andhra Pradesh|
|Founded||11 January 1958|
|B Satyanarayana, Chairman
D.J.PurnaChandra Rao(I.P.S) , Vice-Chairman and managing director
|Products||Bus transport, Services|
|Revenue||51 billion (US$800 million)|
|1.18 billion (US$19 million)|
Number of employees
Andhra Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation (or APSRTC) is the state-owned road transport corporation in the southern Indian state of Andhra Pradesh. The network connects cities, towns and villages in Andhra Pradesh and also to the neighboring states of Telangana, Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Puducherry, Maharashtra, Orissa, Chhattisgarh and Goa. It has as many as 261 routes in Karnataka state alone. It is the first transport system to nationalize passenger Road Transport Services (1932), introducing long distance night expresses, Depot computerisation (1986) etc.
APSRTC was established in 1932 as a unit of Nizam's State Railways - Road Transport Division. Later by the States Reorganisation Act Andhra Pradesh formed with merger of Hyderabad State with Andhra state. On 11 January 1958 it is incorporated as APSRTC.
Awards and achievements
- It entered Guinness Book of World Records on 31 October 1999, with 22,000 buses making it the largest bus fleet in the world.
- Highest KMPL fuel efficiency for the year 2011-12 - Mofussit services and Vijayawada (urban division).
- Best Road Safety record for the year 2012-13.
- "APSRTC Equals Indian Railways in Ferrying Passengers". Outlookindia.com. Retrieved 2015-03-11.
- "Route Network of A.P.S.R.T.C.". Andhra Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation. Retrieved 18 March 2015.
- "Profile". Andhra Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation. Retrieved 18 March 2015.
- "RTC heads for split amid fears, anxiety". The Hindu (Vijayawada). 1 December 2014. Retrieved 18 March 2015.
- "APSRTC awards and achievements" (PDF). Andhra_Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation. 7 July 2014. Retrieved 18 March 2015.