Talk:Tony Jones (theologian)
|This article must adhere to the biographies of living persons policy, even if it is not a biography, because it contains material about living persons. Contentious material about living persons that is unsourced or poorly sourced must be removed immediately from the article and its talk page, especially if potentially libellous. If such material is repeatedly inserted, or if you have other concerns, please report the issue to this noticeboard. If you are connected to one of the subjects of this article and need help, please see this page.|
|WikiProject Biography||(Rated Start-class)|
|WikiProject Articles for creation||(Rated Start-class)|
|This article lacks an infobox. You may wish to add one, so that the article resembles the standard display for this subject. This talk page may contain the banner of a relevant project, that provides the standardized infobox for this type of article. See also Category:Infobox templates, and Wikipedia:WikiProject Infoboxes.|
|A Wikipedia contributor, Tonyjones (talk · contribs), may be personally or professionally connected to the subject of this article. This user's editing has included contributions to this article. Relevant guidelines include Wikipedia:Conflict of interest, Wikipedia:Autobiography, and Wikipedia:Neutral point of view.|
- 1 Notability
- 2 User:Tonyjones has been editing the biography section
- 3 Adding properly referenced information to Tony Jones (theologian)
- 4 Statement on Court Case duration from Court Documents
- 5 Tony Jones' Self-Published Work - List
- 6 Requested Edit: Tony Jones has three children.
- 7 Further Sources for Review
- 8 Is Tony Jones still employed by Solomon's Porch as Theologian in Residence?
- 9 References (from posts in the talk page)
This entry has been tagged to ask for more secondary sources to further establish Tony Jones' notability. At some point I will work on more reliable sources if no one else does. However, it should be noted that many other people of similar statue and acclaim, such as Rachel Held Evans and Doug Pagitt, had entries long before this entry and continue to have entries.Eb7473 (talk) 16:09, 30 August 2012 (UTC)
User:Tonyjones has been editing the biography section
Adding properly referenced information to Tony Jones (theologian)
I tried to add some more sources with a range of views to the article. Some of them weren't reliable, but all of them were reverted. Then the text was reverted. So I will post some of the sources here so people can use them. 22.214.171.124 (talk) 19:14, 14 January 2015 (UTC)
snip of unreliable sources from blogs
- My apologies, I finally understand that blogs are not reliable sources in this context. 126.96.36.199 (talk) 19:47, 14 January 2015 (UTC)
Statement on Court Case duration from Court Documents
I think I've come up with a factual statement based on reliable sources (court documents):
- Note: the documents are protected by image verification and mandatory search. Use the id or title to find them. Is there a better way to note that than comments and the "registration required" parameter? (The only other option appears to be "subscription required", which doesn't fit at all.) 188.8.131.52 (talk) 20:15, 14 January 2015 (UTC)
- No again. See WP:BLPPRIMARY. §FreeRangeFrogcroak 20:41, 14 January 2015 (UTC)
- Wow, that's really strict and a little strange. So I can't even say: "The court case lasted X years"? I don't even mention what the court case is about. 184.108.40.206 (talk) 20:49, 14 January 2015 (UTC)
Tony Jones' Self-Published Work - List
- on being called a borderline racist 
- I'm tired of being called a racist 
- Theology of Marriage - There Are Two Marriages (he wrote a book on this, too, I think) 
- So are these OK to use? 220.127.116.11 (talk) 20:54, 14 January 2015 (UTC)
Requested Edit: Tony Jones has three children.
Before this morning's edit war, the article stated that Tony Jones lived with his 3 children (which is factually incorrect, and unsupported by reliable sources). It may also have implied that they were his children with his second wife (which is unclear, and unsupported by reliable sources).
However, he does have 3 children, which is supported by his own blog.
|This edit request has been answered. Set the
Please add the following text and reference to Tony_Jones_(theologian)#Personal_life, after "Jones is divorced and lives in Minnesota with his second wife.": 18.104.22.168 (talk) 00:51, 15 January 2015 (UTC)
- He has three children.
Further Sources for Review
I don't know if any of the following sources qualify - I think about.com may be very much like a blog:
- http://christianity.about.com/od/Emerging-Church/a/Tony-Jones.htm — Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) 00:59, 15 January 2015 (UTC)
Is Tony Jones still employed by Solomon's Porch as Theologian in Residence?
Multiple sources claim that Tony Jones is (or was, at the time) Solomon's Porch Theologian-in-Residence. But he's not on their staff page. Which set of facts wins? How do we document this in the article? Or do we need a third-party source? (It's so hard to argue from the absence of evidence that Tony is on staff, that it is evidence of absence from the staff.) twilsonb (talk) 20:41, 12 February 2015 (UTC)
A Minn Post article which quotes both Jones and the lead pastor of this church titles him as Theologian In Residence. It is also the title used in dozens of other references from universities, publishers, and other sources as recently as 2015. The Theologian In Residence does not seem to be an administrative staff position that would keep office hours at the building. Note: The church does not list its board members, advisors, or other similar positions on its website. To remove this, we would need proof that negates this fact that appears in so many resources, such as a quote about him resigning, being removed etc. (User: ReligFan)
References (from posts in the talk page)
- Minnesota State Court (2014), In the Marriage of Anthony Hawthorne Jones and Julie Anne McMahon Jones, Minnesota State Court, 27-FA-08-5921, retrieved 15 Jan 2014, (registration required ())
- Minnesota State Court (2014), Anthony Hawthorne Jones vs Julie McMahon Jones, Minnesota State Court, 27-CO-13-8209, retrieved 15 Jan 2014, (registration required ())