|Beauty pageant titleholder|
March 19, 1984 |
Jamshedpur, Bihar (now in Jharkhand), India
|Height||173 cm (5 ft 8 in)|
|Title(s)||Femina Miss India Universe 2004|
|Femina Miss India Universe 2004
Miss Universe 2004
Tanushree Dutta (Bengali: তনুশ্রী দত্ত; pronounced [t̪ənʊʃri], ITRANS: tanushri; born 19 March 1984) is an Indian model and actress who primarily appears in Bollywood movies. Dutta is the recipient of Femina Miss India Universe title in 2004. During the same year at the Miss Universe beauty pageant, she was amongst the top ten Finalists.
Dutta was born and raised in Jamshedpur, Jharkhand to a conservative Bengali Hindu Kayastha family. She attended D.B.M.S. English School in her hometown, Jamshedpur and attended Junior College in Pune. She soon dropped out of college after completing her first year of B.COM to pursue a modelling career. Her sister, Ishita Dutta, is also an actress.
In 2004, Dutta won the Femina Miss India Pageant held in Mumbai; as a result, she represented India amongst 133 other countries at the Miss Universe 2004 contest which took place in Quito, Ecuador, where she placed amongst the Top 10 Finalists. In 2005, the Government of Jharkhand honored her by issuing postcards and stamps featuring her.
Shortly after winning the Miss India title, Dutta was offered numerous prestigious modelling assignments from recognized Indian designers and national brands. This victory also allowed for her successful entry in the Bollywood Industry, as she started receiving offers to play lead roles thereafter. She made her Bollywood debut in 2005, appearing in Chocolate and Aashiq Banaya Apne. Though Chocolate received mild reviews, the box office success of Aashiq Banaya Apne, accompanied by its hit music proved to be a perfect launch for Tanushree in Bollywood. She also did a music video, "Saiyan Dil Mein Aana Re" by Harry Anand.
After the release of Ramaa: The Saviour in November 2010, Dutta "went on a self imposed sabbatical for two and a half years". Tanushree returned in spring of 2013 with stunning appearances at several high profile media and red carpet events. In 2013, she confirmed that she will be shortly returning to mainstream cinema.
Starting her career at nineteen years of age, Tanushree Dutta had been working hard when she decided to take a sabbatical leave, which lasted until the end of 2012. As a part of her journey, she rediscovered herself as she travelled, pursued her personal interests such as yoga, adventurous sports, and even decided to shave her head in the name of spirituality during her trip to Ladakh. She states, "To take break from pressure, the ruthless people, heartbreaks and heartburns, I've taken this decision. And, this will hide my identity too during public travel". Though her decision to shave her head was 'to hide her public identity', this act of hers was widely publicized.
|2005||Aashiq Banaya Apne||Sneha|
|Chocolate: Deep Dark Secrets||Simran "Sim" Chopra|
|2006||36 China Town||cameo appearance||Appeared in the song "Jab Kabhi"|
|Bhagam Bhag||Anjali||Appeared for 12 mins (Cameo)|
|Good Boy, Bad Boy||Dinky|
|2008||Saas Bahu Aur Sensex||Nitya Sen|
|2009||Ramaa: The Saviour||Samaara|
|2010||Theeradha Vilaiyattu Pillai||Jyothi||Tamil film|
- In 2002, Dutta appeared in a Bengali reality show, Hoi Hullod as an Anchor
- On March 16, 2013, she appeared on a fiction crime police show, Hum Ne Li Hai- Shapath on Life OK
- Banerjee, Soumyadipta (12 February 2010). "If Kareena can do it, why not me: Tanushree Dutta". Daily News and Analysis. Retrieved 14 February 2010.
- "Tanushree At The Miss Universe 2004". Times of India. Retrieved 14 February 2010.
- Banerjee, Piali (27 March 2004). "Tanushree Crowned Pond’s Femina Miss India". Times of India. Retrieved 14 February 2010.
- "Tanushree Dutta Stamps".
- "Tanushree Dutta profile". bollywoodgate. Retrieved 14 February 2010.
- http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1890268/bio. Missing or empty
- http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1890268/bio?ref_=nm_ov_bio_sm. Missing or empty
- "Tanushree ashram hops for two years - The Times of India". The Times Of India.
- "Going bald doesn't mean I'm celibate: Tanushree - The Times of India". The Times Of India.
- http://www.gulte.com/movienews/8723/Balayyas-Heroine-Shaved-Head-For-Relief. Missing or empty
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Tanushree Dutta.|
|Miss India Universe