|DfE URN||138460 Tables|
|Ofsted||Reports Pre-academy reports|
|Houses||Stuart, Tudor, Windsor, York|
|Colours||Teal and Grey|
Teddington School is a coeducational secondary school with academy status, located in the Teddington area of the London Borough of Richmond upon Thames, England. The school has over 1,100 pupils in the age range 11-16, and is situated on a large site close to the River Thames opposite Trowlock Island. From September 2014 it will have a Sixth Form. Mr John Wilkinson has recently been appointed as Headteacher.
The school opened in 1962 as Teddington Secondary School, which was originally a single-sex school, taking over the senior boys of Stanley Road School when it ceased to cater for the full age-range, as well as the boys from Twickenham Technical School.
Under the Building Schools for the Future project, the old school building was completely demolished and a new one rebuilt on the site, which opened in September 2010.
The school designated as a specialist Visual Arts College before converting to academy status in August 2012.
The house system operated in 1977, and possibly began earlier. There are four houses, Stuart, Tudor, Windsor and York. The house names correspond to the final letter of each form group's name. AS and BS form groups are in Stuart House, AT and BT form groups are in Tudor House, AW and BW form groups are in Windsor House, and AY and BY form groups are in York House.
Notable former pupils
- Keira Knightley, actress
- Lenny Pidgeley, professional footballer
- Sean Pertwee, Actor
- Bill Milner, actor
- "Welcome to Teddington Sixth Form". School Website. Retrieved 7 October 2013.
- "Schools Timeline". Kids. The Twickenham Museum. Retrieved 2008-01-07.
- Neil Norman (9 July 2006). "Keira Knightley: Hungry for Success". The Independent (London). Retrieved 29 October 2012.
- Evening News Archive "This is York" 8 October 1999
- Weeks, Richard (27 April 2009). "Keeping Cool". Retrieved 28 October 2012.
|This London school or sixth form college related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|