||This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2009)|
The Distillers at the Leeds Festival 2004
|Origin||Los Angeles, California, U.S.|
|Genres||Punk rock, hardcore punk, alternative rock|
|Labels||Sire, Epitaph, Hellcat|
|Associated acts||Spinnerette, Darker My Love, The Nerve Agents, Angels & Airwaves, Love Equals Death|
|Past members||Brody Dalle
The Distillers were an American punk rock band formed in Los Angeles in 1998. They released their first two albums on Hellcat Records/Epitaph Records before moving to Sire, part of the Warner Music Group. The Distillers were originally formed by Australian-born Brody Armstrong, a woman with a distinctively harsh singing voice. Brody changed her name to "Dalle" after her 2003 divorce from Rancid's Tim Armstrong. Although there were significant line-up changes it was Brody who played guitar, sang, and wrote or co-wrote nearly every song on the band's three albums. Tony Bevilacqua also played guitar and Ryan Sinn played bass. After the break up of the band, Dalle and Bevilacqua formed the band Spinnerette.
Former members 
- Last formation
- Brody Dalle — lead vocals, rhythm guitar (1998-2006), lead guitar (2002)
- Tony Bevilacqua — lead guitar, backing vocals (2003-2006)
- Ryan Sinn — bass, backing vocals (2000-2006)
- Andy Granelli — drums, percussion (2000-2006)
- Former members
- Rose "Casper" Mazzola — lead guitar, backing vocals (1998-2002)
- Kim Chi — bass, backing vocals (1998-2000)
- Mat Young — drums, percussion (1998-2000)
Studio albums/EPs 
|Year||Album details||Peak chart positions||Certification|
|1999||The Distillers 7" (EP)
|2002||Sing Sing Death House
|2002||"The Young Crazed Peeling"||—||—||Sing Sing Death House|
|"City of Angels"||—||—|
|2003||"Drain the Blood"||28||51||Coral Fang|
|2004||"Beat Your Heart Out"||—||74|
Music Videos 
- The Young Crazed Peeling (2002)
- City of Angels (2002)
- Drain the Blood (2003)
- The Hunger (2003)
- Beat Your Heart Out (2003)
Cultural references 
- In a February 2003 episode of Gilmore Girls, Jess surprises Rory with last-minute tickets to a Distillers concert.
- A version of the song "Muppet N.A.M.B.L.A" on the Leftöver Crack album Rock the 40 Oz. features Dalle on guest vocals.
Songs used in video games 
- The song "Beat Your Heart Out" is featured in Tony Hawk's Underground 2.
- The song "Dismantle Me" is featured in MTX Mototrax.
- The song "Seneca Falls" is featured in Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4.
- The song "Drain the Blood" is featured in Gran Turismo 4 and is a downloadable song for Rock Band.
- The song "Beat Your Heart Out" and a cover of the Spider-Man theme song" are featured in the video game adaptation of Spider-Man 2.
- The songs "City of Angels" and "Hall of Mirrors" both featured in the 2004 game True Crime: Streets of LA.
- The song "City of Angels" is featured in Crash 'N' Burn, as well as in the third episode of Sleeper Cell entitled "Money".
- "DISTILLERS | Artist". Official Charts. Retrieved 2012-02-29.
- "Certified Awards". Bpi.co.uk. Retrieved 2012-02-29.
- Roberts, David (2006). British Hit Singles & Albums (19th ed.). London: Guinness World Records Limited. p. 157. ISBN 1-904994-10-5.