The Lovely Eggs
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2010)|
|The Lovely Eggs|
The Lovely Eggs at Cafe Saki, Manchester, 2010.
|Origin||Lancaster, United Kingdom|
Filthy Little Angels
Odd Box Records
|Associated acts||Angelica, 3D Tanx|
- Holly Ross - Guitar, lead vocals
- David Blackwell - Drums, backing vocals
The band formed sometime in 2006, playing their first ever gig in New York and then returning to the UK to play nationwide shows. Gaining recognition from radio coverage on BBC Radio 1 and BBC Radio 6, from DJs such as Marc Riley, Huw Stephens and Steve Lamacq.
In May 2008, they were invited into the BBC Radio 6 studio to do a live session for Marc Riley's Brain Surgery show. In August of the same year, they were again invited back to the BBC to do a session for Huw Stephens, this time for BBC Radio 1. In October 2008, Their first EP entitled Have You Ever Heard The Lovely Eggs? was released through Cherryade Records, which was again well received with positive reviews and more airplay. In the same month, the lead track from their Have You Ever Heard The Lovely Eggs? EP ("Have You Ever Heard A Digital Accordion?"), was named XFM 'Single of The Week' by John Kennedy and subsequently played every night of that week on his show.
They released their debut album, If You Were Fruit, in June 2009 on Cherryade Records in the UK, and in August on HHBTM Records in the US, and promoted both with a tour of the UK and US. The next release was a Twin Peaks inspired, limited edition Halloween CD. It was released in October 2009, promoted with an exclusive video for Artrocker TV. Following this, the band collaborated on a limited edition cassette release, with an all girl band from Manchester, Hotpants Romance, with songs that were won in a raffle by audience members whilst the two bands toured together in June 2009. The tape named Songs about People We met on Tour was released in February 2010.
The Lovely Eggs were invited to perform at SXSW in March 2010, where they recorded a live video collaboration with musician and artist Jad Fair. In early 2010 they also toured in the UK with Eddie Argos' and Dyan Valdes' new band, Everybody Was In The French Resistance... Now. They spent the rest of 2010 touring and playing festivals.
On 30th Jan 2011 they released their single "Don't Look at Me (I Don't Like It)", for which the video featured a guest appearance from 'John Shuttleworth' as the man with the sausage roll thumb. The single gained plays from radio 1 and radio 6. The album Cob Dominos from which the single came was released on Feb 14th 2011. The second single "Fuck It" from the album Cob Dominos was released on limited edition 7" vinyl on May 30, a bank holiday Monday, which meant not only could DJs not play it but all the shops were shut so no one could buy it. However its B-side "Watermelons" has gained radio play from 6 music DJs. The band have been touring the UK and Europe since the album's release. The third single from the second album 'Panic Plants' was released on 7" vinyl 31st Oct 2011 accompanied with a video (produced by Eilir Pierce). On Dec 5th 2011 they released their 7" single "Allergies" on the Too Pure Label. The single was produced by Gruff Rhys who also appeared in the video (produced by Casey Raymond). Allergies won the vote in Steve Lamacq's round table on 6 music and also won Steve Lamacq's rebel playlist with 82% of the public vote. The single sold out before release date and received airplay from both 6 music and Radio 1. "Food" the second single from their forthcoming album "Wildlife" was released on the 14th May 2012. The third single from the "Wildlife" album "I Just Want Someone To Fall In Love With" was released on Nov 19th and the album "Wildlife" was released on Nov 26th 2012.
- "I Like Birds But I Like Other Animals Too" - Split 7" with The Sexual Hot Bitches (2008) (Filthy Little Angels)
- "Haunt Me Out" Limited Edition CD with Free half heart Laura Palmer necklace (OCT 2009)(Cherryade Records)
- "Don't Look At Me (I Don't Like It)" (2011) (Cherryade Records)
- "Fuck It" 7" Vinyl (May 30, 2011) (Cherryade Records)
- "Panic Plants" 7" Vinyl (Oct 31st, 2011) (Cherryade Records)
- "Allergies" 7" Yellow Vinyl (Dec 5th, 2011) (Too Pure)
- "Food" 7" Vinyl (14 May 2012) (Cherryade Records)
- "I Just Want Someone To Fall In Love With" (19th Nov 2012) (Egg Records)
- Fried Egg CD (2007) Homemade Limited edition CDR
- Have You Ever Heard The Lovely Eggs? 7" Yellow Vinyl (2008) (Cherryade Records)
- If You Were Fruit (2009) (Cherryade Records)
- If You Were Fruit (2009) (Happy Happy Birthday To Me) (US release)
- Cob Dominos (2011) (Cherryade Records)
- Wildlife (2012) (Egg Records)
- Songs About People We Met On Tour (2010) Collaboration with Manchester band Hotpants Romance
- "Have You Ever Heard a Digital Accordion?" Grrrls Talk Compilation (Four Life Entertainment)(Japan) (Oct 10)
- "I Like Birds But I Like Other Animals Too" on "Broadcast One: New music handpicked by Dandelion Radio" CD (2010) (Odd Box Records)
- "I Like Birds But I Like Other Animals Too" SXSW Liverpool Soundcity Promo Compilation CD (March 9)
- "Tyrannosaurus Rex for Christmas" (Cherryade 4 Christmas Comp) Cherryade Records (UK) (Dec 08)
- "In Watermelon Sugar" (Recipe Book compilation) The Recipe Book Records (NL)(Sept 08)
- "I’m in Your Scene" (Ladyfest Manchester Compilation) Cherryade Records (UK)(Aug 08)
- "I’m Going to Build My Snowman Better Than Yours" (Cherryade 3 Christmas Compilation) Cherryade Records (UK)(Dec 07)
- "In Watermelon Sugar" on "Ammehoelahop Vinyl LP" (Transformed Dreams)(NL)(Oct06)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to The Lovely Eggs.|