Thomas & Friends: Trouble on the Tracks
|Thomas & Friends: Trouble on the Tracks|
|Release date(s)||November 7, 2000|
Thomas & Friends: Trouble on the Tracks is an educational adventure computer game developed and published by Hasbro Interactive for Windows. It was released in 2000 and is based on the Thomas & Friends television series. The game features new voices provided by show narrator Michael Angelis as well features music tracks from the first and second series of the show and some original tracks. The game is similar to the previous one, Thomas & Friends: The Great Festival Adventure.
The coal stock for the engines at the sheds is low so the Fat Controller asks James to fetch some more. However on his way, James has an accident by coming off the tracks on a tight bend. The Fat Controller sends Harold to find James with the help of Tiger Moth to guide him into tracking him down. The Fat Controller then asks one of the Horrid Lorries to collect coal for the engines from the mines. He then sends Thomas to fetch the breakdown train to pick up James but along the way, the gears on it fall apart from the bumpy track so once it gets fixed James is then put back on the track and pushed back to the sheds by Thomas. Once there, the engines help the Fat Controller in finding a new whistle for James. After, he then sends Thomas to collect the goods train from the Docks which contains new parts for James which Cranky loads into the Troublesome Trucks. Percy is then sent to fetch a new lamp for James which after all the parts have been collected, James is then fixed and painted. After he's been filled with water and coal, James then collects his coaches and sets off to work.
The game consists of 8 mini-games around the island of Sodor. Each with a different goal to help the player learn new skills or solve puzzles. The player can choose to play any of them in order of the story or in no particular order. The mini-games are as follow:
- Control Harold as you navigate over Sodor in finding James with Tiger Moth to help guide the player in the direction.
- Move the Horrid Lorry to collect coal from the conveyor belts whilst dodging the mining equipment.
- Place the fallen gears in the right order on the breakdown train.
- Match the whistle according to the engine they belong to.
- Choose the right sized containers to put into each Troublesome Truck and not to overload it.
- Place the train lamps onto the right shelves.
- Fix, paint and replace the broken parts with new ones on James.
- Fill James with water, coal and adjust his controls in the right order.
Each mini-game has 3 sets of difficulty to choose as well the player can interact with the surroundings. Once each game is completed at least once, the player is awarded with a certificate saying they've completed that particular game.
Included as an extra feature, the player can print pictures of the characters, mini-games and certificates to hang on their wall or color-in versions. Additionally the images of the characters and mini-games can be played as puzzles in-game.