Through the Eyes of the Dead
|Some or all of this article's listed sources may not be reliable. (November 2012)|
|Through the Eyes of the Dead|
|Also known as||Tell Her I Said Goodbye|
|Origin||Florence, South Carolina, United States|
|Associated acts||Graves of Valor, My Bitter End|
Through the Eyes of the Dead is an American deathcore band from Florence, South Carolina, formed in 2003. They have released three full-length albums, one EP, and one split album with The Knife Trade. The band's name comes from a line in the famous Walt Whitman poem, "Song of Myself.".
The band was formed by Justin Longshore in 2003 after the break-up of a previous group, Tellherisaidgoodbye Their first full-length album was released in 2005 through Prosthetic Records. Shortly before, every member except for Longshore and Gunnels left, with Gunnels also being let go a few months later due to personal reasons. They then added new members which would be known as the 'malice' lineup however, they would also part ways with the band before the 3rd studio album would be released, leaving behind only Jake Ososkie (bass) and Justin Longshore (guitar)remaining. After taking some offtime they regrouped yet again and released their 3rd album 'Skepsis'. The band believes their current lineup is the strongest and that Skepsis represents a mix of everything the band has done and more. The band's influences include Morbid Angel, Blood Has Been Shed, Suffocation, Cannibal Corpse (as suggested by the band's name, possibly taken from the Cannibal Corpse song "Staring Through the Eyes of the Dead"), Meshuggah, Behemoth, and At the Gates.
Shortly before the US release of Malice, the band shot a music video with acclaimed director David Brodsky at the abandoned mental facility in Kings Park, Long Island, NY. The video went on to be one of the most played videos on MTV2's Headbanger's Ball in 2007 and was chosen as the No. 7 Video of the Year 2007. It was in the Top 10 Music Choice VOD for nearly 6 months as of April 2008.
TTEOTD has been touring extensively supporting the release of Skepsis w/ many national acts including Suffocation, The Faceless, Decrepit Birth, Fleshgod Apocalypse, Otep, Bury Your Dead, Chelsea Grin, The Tony Danza Tapdance Extravaganza, Impending Doom, Whitechapel, Born Of Osiris, Periphery, and Greeley Estates to name a few. The band performed on half of 2010's 'thrash n burn' tour as well. TTEOTD are currently back home writing for their next studio album which a label and release date have yet to be determined. On April 30, 2012 the band announced through their Facebook that Pre-Production has begun on a new album.
- Current members
- Justin Longshore – guitar (2003–present)
- Jake Ososkie – bass (2005–present)
- Danny Rodriguez – vocals (2008–present)
- Chris Henckel – guitar (2008–present)
- Michael Ranne – drums (2008–present)
- Former members
- Jeff Springs – bass (2003–2005)
- Dayton Cantley – drums (2003–2006)
- Anthony Gunnells – vocals (2003–2007)
- Richard Turbeville – guitar (2003–2004, 2007–2008)
- Chris Anderson – guitar (2004–2007)
- Josh Kulick – drums (2006–2009)
- Nate Johnson – vocals (2007–2008)
- The Scars of Ages (EP, Lovelost Records, 2004)
- Annihilation of Expectation split with The Knife Trade (Lovelost Records, 2005)
- Bloodlust (Prosthetic Records, 2005)
- Malice (Prosthetic Records, 2007)
- Skepsis (Prosthetic Records, 2010)