Timeline of Kurdish uprisings
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Pre 19th century
- 1506–1510, The Yazidis uprising against the Safavids.
- 1609, Battle of Dimdim - Amir Khan Lepzerin (Emîrxan Lepzêrîn) (The Golden hand Khan), against Safavid Empire.
- 1775, Bajalan uprising against the Zand Dynasty.
- 1806–1808 - Baban uprising - Abdurrahman Pasha.
- 1829, Cîzre uprising
- 1833, Prince Mohammad of Soran uprising.
- 1837, Yazidis uprising, Sîncar uprising.
- 1843, The first Botan uprising, Bedr Khan Bey uprising.
- 1843, Culemerg uprising
- 1847, Bedirhan uprising.
- 1855, Yezdan Sher uprising.
- 1880–1881, Revolt lead by Sheikh Ubeydullah of Nehri against the Qajars.
Ottomans and Qajar era
- 1916, March - The first Dersim uprising
- 1919, 11 May - Ali Batti (Elîkê Bettê) uprising
- 1919, 21 May - 1922 - First Mahmud Barzanji Revolt
- 1919–1922 - Rebellion of Simko Shikak in Iranian Kurdistan.
- 1920 - Koçkiri Rebellion by Koçgiri tribal confederation.
Post Ottoman Empire
- 1923-1924, Second Mahmud Barzanji revolts, during which the Kingdom of Kurdistan was declared.
- 1924, 4 September, Beytüşşebap uprising
- 1925, 14 February-31 May, Shaikh Said rebellion in Diyarbakir and Mardin regions of Turkey.
- 1925, 10 June, Nehri uprising
- 1925, 7 August- 1926, Raman and Reşkotan uprising
- 1926, 21 January, Hazro uprising
- 1926–1930, Ararat Rebellion
- 1926, 16 May - 17 June - The first Ararat Rebellion.
- 1926, 7 October - Koçuşağı uprising
- 1927, 26 May - 25 August - Mutki uprising.
- 1927, 13 September - The second Ararat rebellion.
- 1927, Bicar uprising
- 1928, Sason-Pervari and Kozluk uprising
- 1929, 22 May-3 August, Zilan uprising
- 1929, 6 July, Asi Resul uprising
- 1929, Tendürek uprising
- 1930, 26 May, Savur uprising
- 1930, 20 June, Zeylan (Zilan) uprising
- 1930, 21 July, Oramar uprising
- 1930, 7-14 September, The third Ararat Operation.
- 1930, September, Third Mahmud Barzanji uprising.
- 1930, 24 October, Pülümür uprising.
- 1931, November, Shaikh Ahmed Barzani uprising in Iraq.
- 1935, September, parallel Yazidi uprising and Kurdish uprising in Iraq against conscription.
- 1937, 20 March, Dersim Rebellion against the Turkish government in the Dersim region of eastern Turkey
After World War II
- 1941–1944, Hama Rashid revolt in Iranian Kurdistan.
- 1946, The Iranian suppression of the separatist Soviet-supported state Republic of Mahabad
- 1961–1970, First Iraqi-Kurdish War, a major military struggle by Barzanis in Iraqi Kurdistan against Iraqi government.
- 1967-8, tribal revolt in Iranian Kurdistan, supported by the KDPI
- 1974–1975, The Second Iraqi-Kurdish War - ending with Kurdish defeat and abolishment of autonomy agreement.
- 1976–1978, PUK insurgency in Iraq.
- 1979–1983, 1979 Kurdish rebellion in Iran, part of the 1979 uprisings in Iran.
- 1982–1985, Kurdish rebellion against Iraq during the Iran-Iraq War
- 1986-1988, the genocidal Al-Anfal campaign of the Iraqi Ba'athist regime against Kurdish rebels an Kurdish civilians.
- 1984, 15 August-present, Kurdish-Turkish conflict
- 1989-1996, KDPI insurgency in Iranian Kurdistan
- 1991, Spring uprisings in Iraqi Kurdistan (following the Gulf War
- 2004 March, 2004 al-Qamishli riots in Syrian Kurdistan
- 2004–present, Iran-PJAK conflict in Iranian Kurdistan.
- 2012-present, Syrian Kurdistan campaign of the Syrian civil war.
- History of the Kurds
- Iranian Kurdistan
- Syrian Kurdistan
- Kurds in Turkey
- Iraqi Kurdistan
- List of Kurdish dynasties and countries