|Born||William Graham Tullian Tchividjian
July 13, 1972 
|Education||Bachelor of Philosophy, Columbia International University,
Master of Divinity from Reformed Theological Seminary
|Employer||Coral Ridge Presbyterian Church|
Senior Pastor of Coral Ridge Presbyterian ChurchFounder of LIBERATE
|Children||Gabe, Nate, and Genna|
Virginia "Gigi" Leftwich Graham
|Relatives||Billy Graham (grandfather)
Ruth Graham (grandmother, deceased)
Franklin Graham (uncle)
Anne Graham Lotz (aunt)
Will Graham (cousin)
Professor William Graham Tullian Tchividjian (pronounced cha-vi-jin), (born July 13, 1972), is senior pastor of Coral Ridge Presbyterian Church in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, a visiting professor of theology at Reformed Theological Seminary in Orlando, and a contributing editor to Leadership Journal. He has written several books about Christianity and current issues.
Early life and education
Born in Jacksonville, Florida, Tullian Tchividjian is the son of Virginia Leftwich (Gigi) Graham and Dr. Stephan Tchividjian, a clinical psychologist, who is of Swiss-Armenian ancestry. Tullian is a grandson of evangelist Billy Graham and his wife, Ruth; his mother is the oldest of Graham's five children. He is the nephew of evangelists Franklin Graham and Anne Graham Lotz.
A graduate of Columbia International University (in philosophy), he earned an M.Div. degree at the Reformed Theological Seminary in Orlando. He is an ordained minister in the Presbyterian Church in America.
Tchividjian was the founding pastor of New City Presbyterian Church, an Evangelical Presbyterian Church congregation. On Easter Sunday, 2009, he was installed as the second senior pastor of Coral Ridge Presbyterian Church, succeeding its late founding pastor, D. James Kennedy in a worship service with more than 5,000 in attendance. This was the first service with members of both congregations together since both Coral Ridge and New City agreed to merge.
Although he is as conservative as Kennedy theologically, he is somewhat more inclined toward contemporary worship than Kennedy had been. For instance, he does not wear vestments, as Kennedy did, preferring a suit and tie. Also, his sermons are not tinged with political themes as Kennedy's had been.
On September 20, 2009 a sizable majority of the congregation voted to retain Tchividjian. In a news release following the decision, the church said, "attendance had doubled in the past year, that 300 new members had been added since Tchividjian was installed, and that 192 people are registered for the next new members class, making it the largest new members class in the church’s 50-year history".
Tullian has written a number of books including the best-seller Jesus + Nothing = Everything (2011) won Christianity Today’s book of the year in 2012 as well as being a finalist with the ECPA in 2012. Glorious Ruin: How Suffering Sets You Free (2012) was an ECPA finalist for Book of the Year in 2013. One Way Love: Inexhaustible Grace for an Exhausted World was released in October of 2013 and his newest offering is a devotional titled It is Finished: 365 Days of Good News which debuted in January 2015.
Tullian travels extensively, speaking at conferences and churches around the country, and is also the founder of LIBERATE — a resource ministry that seeks to “connect God’s inexhaustible grace to an exhausted world” through an annual conference, music, books, a website, and a wide range of other media outlets, including a daily radio program on Moody Radio, also called LIBERATE.
Tullian has appeared on CBS News, Fox and Friends, Morning Joe, Sean Hannity, and the 700 Club. He has also written for the Washington Post, Huffington Post, Christianity Today, and a host of other print outlets.
Tchividjian has written several books:
- The Kingdom of God: A Primer on the Christian Life (Banner of Truth)
- Do I Know God? Finding Certainty in Life’s Most Important Relationship (2009)(Multnomah) (2009)
- Unfashionable: Making a Difference in the World by Being Different (Multnomah) (2009)
- Surprised by Grace: God’s Relentless Pursuit of Rebels (Crossway) (2010)
- Jesus + Nothing = Everything (Crossway) (2011)
- Glorious Ruin: How Suffering Sets You Free" (David C. Cook) (2012)
- One Way Love: Inexhaustible Grace for an Exhausted World (David C. Cook) (2013)
- It is Finished: 365 Days of Good News (David C. Cook) (2015)
- Tchividjian, Tullian (2007-07-27), "Tullian Who??", Between Two Worlds (blog) (The Gospel Coalition), retrieved 2010-08-25
- "About", Tullian Tchividjian (World wide Web log), The Gospel coalition, retrieved 2010-08-25.
- Davis, James D. (January 19, 2009). "Coral Ridge Presbyterian Church chooses pastor". South Florida Sun-Sentinel. Retrieved 2009-01-30.
- Young, Eric (2009-04-13). "Coral Ridge Church Installs Tchividjian as New Senior Pastor". The Christian Post. Retrieved 2010-08-25.
- "Coral Ridge Presbyterian Church Gives Its Pastor Overwhelming Vote of Confidence (news release)" (PDF). Coral Ridge Presbyterian Church. September 20, 2009. Retrieved 2009-10-06.
- "Coral Ridge Presbyterian Church". http://crpc.org/. Retrieved 30 June 2014.