|Born||Ty Keegan Simpkins
August 6, 2001
New York City, New York
Ty Keegan Simpkins (born August 06, 2001) is an American child actor. In the films Pride and Glory and Revolutionary Road, he appears with his real-life sister Ryan Simpkins. In 2013, Simpkins starred alongside Robert Downey, Jr. in the live-action film Iron Man 3 Additionally, he played Dalton in James Wan's horror films Insidious and Insidious: Chapter 2.
Life and career
Simpkins was born in New York City, New York, to Monique and Stephen Simpkins. He first appeared on TV when he was three weeks old. His first role was on One Life to Live where he shared the recurring role as John "Jack" Cramer. Simpkins soon started a recurring role as Jude Cooper Bauer on The Guiding Light, in which he went on to be "Jude" for about four years. Since then, he has appeared in Law & Order: CI and a handful of commercials and print ads.
Simpkins's film break was in Steven Spielberg's War of the Worlds (2005). Next was a featured role in All the King's Men (2006) where he played a young version of Jude Law's character; leading up to Simpkins' playing Aaron in the multiple-award-winning Little Children (2006). Simpkins went on to film Pride and Glory (2008), in which he and his sister, actress Ryan Simpkins, play the children of Colin Farrell. Simpkins also completed Gardens of the Night (2008) and then in Revolutionary Road (2008), in which he again starred alongside his real-life sister Ryan.
Simpkins has guest-starred on CSI, Private Practice and Family of Four. In September 2009, he signed on to star as Luke in the 2010 film The Next Three Days. He also played Dalton Lambert in the movies Insidious (2011) and Insidious: Chapter 2 (2013).
In 2013, Simpkins starred alongside Robert Downey, Jr. in the live-action film Iron Man 3, as Stark's sidekick, Harley. This was the first time a child had been featured prominently in the Iron Man films. Simpkins has signed a 3 picture deal for Marvel Studios in an unspecified role and will appear in 2015's film Jurassic World.
|2005||War of the Worlds||3-year-old Boy||Minor Role|
|2006||Little Children||Aaron Adamson||Co-starred|
|2008||Gardens of the Night||Dylan Whitehead||Co-starred|
|CSI: Crime Scene Investigation||Tyler Waldrip||Episode A Thousand Days on Earth|
|Pride and Glory||Matthew Egan||Co-starred|
|Private Practice||Braden Tisch||Episode Past Tense|
|Revolutionary Road||Michael Wheeler||Co-starred|
|2009||Family of Four||Tommy Baker|
|2010||The Next Three Days||Luke|
|2011||Insidious||Dalton Lambert||Lead Role|
|2013||Iron Man 3||Harley|
|Insidious: Chapter 2||Dalton Lambert||Lead role|
|2014||Conversations with Andy||Ben|
|2015||Jurassic World||Gray||Lead role|
|2001||One Life to Live||Jonathan "Jack" Manning||Minor role, 4 episodes|
|The Guiding Light||Jude Cooper Bauer||TV series; 47 episodes, 2001–2005|
|2005||Law & Order: CI||Jake Nikos||Episode Ex Stasis|
- Riordan, Kevin (June 18, 2006). "Child actors play for a living". Courier Post. Retrieved November 23, 2010.
- Vancheri, Barbara (December 30, 2006). "Study in Suburban Angst". Google archive (Pittsburgh Post-Gazette). p. 53. Retrieved April 20, 2010.
- Douresseaux, Leroy (June 7, 2007). "Winslet and Haley Anchor Little Children (2007 Oscar Nominee)". Comicbookbin. Retrieved April 20, 2010.
- "A 'Titanic'Class Reunion". Newsweek. December 8, 2008. Retrieved April 20, 2010.
- "Leonardo DiCaprio with his siblings Ryan and Ty". Insider. August 8, 2007. Retrieved April 20, 2010.
- Fernandez, Jay A. (September 23, 2009). "Trio pencil in 'Three Days'". Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved April 20, 2010.[dead link]
- Zorianna, Kit. ""Iron Man 3" goes back to basics in a quest to save the U.S.". Reuters. Retrieved 27 April 2013.
- Iron Man 3 Exclusive: Ty Simpkins Talks Cut Kiss Scene & 3 Picture Deal
- Ty Simpkins Lands Lead In ‘Jurassic World’