|Text||Mark 13; 14; 15-16; John 1; 2-4; 14|
|Now at||Russian National Library|
|Size||28 by 26 cm|
Uncial 083 (in the Gregory-Aland numbering), ε 31 (Soden), is a Greek uncial manuscript of the New Testament, dated paleographically to the 6th/7th century. The codex now is located at the Russian National Library (Gr. 10) in Saint Petersburg.
The manuscript contains a small part of the Gospel of John 1:25-41; 2:9-4:14,34-49, on 6 parchment leaves (28 by 26 cm). The text is written in two columns per page, 25 lines per page, in large uncial letters. It has no accents, breathings, or punctuation. The text is divided according to the Ammonian Sections, with a references to the Eusebian Canons. The Old Testament quotations are marker on the margin by inverted comma (>>).
It came from the same codex as manuscript Uncial 0112. It contains Gospel of Mark 14:29-45; 15:27-16:8, and the shorter Markan ending on 4 leaves. It was found by J. Rendel Harris. Harris published its text. It is now located at the Saint Catherine's Monastery, Sinai Harris (12, 4 ff.).
From the same codex as manuscript Uncial 0235. It contains Gospel of Mark 13:12-14.16-19.21-24.26-28 on 1 leaf (fragments). The fragment is located now in the Russian National Library (O. 149) in Saint Petersburg.
It contains Mark 15:28.
- Aland, Kurt; Barbara Aland; Erroll F. Rhodes (trans.) (1995). The Text of the New Testament: An Introduction to the Critical Editions and to the Theory and Practice of Modern Textual Criticism. Grand Rapids: William B. Eerdmans Publishing Company. p. 120. ISBN 978-0-8028-4098-1.
- Gregory, Caspar René (1900). Textkritik des Neuen Testaments 1. Leipzig: Hinrichs. p. 67.
- Rendel Harris, Biblical fragments from Mount Sinai (1890), pp. XIII.
- "Liste Handschriften". Münster: Institute for New Testament Textual Research. Retrieved 25 April 2011.
- Gregory, Caspar René (1900). Textkritik des Neuen Testaments 1. Leipzig: Hinrichs. p. 96.
- Rendel Harris, Biblical fragments from Mount Sinai (1890), pp. 48-52.
- NA26, p. 144.
- NA26, p. 249.
- NA26, p. 253.
- Constantin von Tischendorf, Notitia editionis codicis Bibliorum Sinaitici (Leipzig: 1860), p. 50
- Agnes Smith Lewis, Studia Sinaitica, Nr. 1, London 1894, p. 103, 104. (Uncial 0112)
- U. B. Schmid, D. C. Parker, W. J. Elliott, The Gospel according to St. John: The majuscules (Brill 2007), pp. 69-80. [text of the codex in the Gospel of John]
- J. Rendel Harris, Biblical fragments from Mount Sinai (C. J. Clay and Sons: London 1890), pp. XII-XIII, 48-52.