|Elevation||111 m (364 ft)|
|• Official||Gujarati, Hindi|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Unjha is located at  It has an average elevation of 111 metres (364 feet)..
As of 2001[update] India census, Unjha had a population of 53,868. Males constitute 53% of the population and females 47%. Unjha has an average literacy rate of 77%, higher than the national average of 65%: male literacy is 80%, and female literacy is 73%. In Unjha, 10% of the population is under 6 years of age. Unjha is known for its world famous cumin-seed and ispaghula market. The main temple of goddess Shree Umiya Mata is situated in Unjha. Old beliefs that Umiyama is the One of the Avatar (incarnation) of Goddess Parvati. This temple is very important for the Kadva Patel community as Umiyama is their community's goddess (kul devi).
The average income of population living here is very high compare to national average because of trading business of Jira located here. JAIN Community also has a gud impact on the very famous ganj bazar.
Unjha is famous for UMIYA MAATA TEMPLE that is located in the center of the city where thousands of visitors visit everyday. It is about 1200 years old but it was rebuilt around a century ago with the aid of the people living here. It has continued to shower blessings to the devotees till date, and it is firmly believed that Unjha is prosperous because of the blessings of Goddess Umiya.there are also two big temple in UNJHA the one is temple of maa baloj at in the western side of the unjha on the road of bus station. and other one is at on the road of unjha-patan 3 km far from unjha.
There are various other smaller temples too. On the outskirts there is a Kabir Aashram where the devotees of Saint Kabir worship and sing religious songs (bhajans, sakhis and dohas). Other places are various wadis or places where marriages and other occasions are held. It has many wadis and a particular sub caste of Patel has a particular wadi. For e.g. - Rangpur Samaaj wadi, Raman wadi, Unava Desh ni Wadi, Bhraman ni wadi, umiya desh ni wadi, sanskarbhavan wadi, ACHLESHAWAR NI WADI .
There is also Dwarkadhishji Temple located in Nava Mahad, Nr Bramhan Chora. Seva ( Pooja ) is being done as per Vaishanva Sampradaya ( Pushti Marg ). There are lot of Devotees of Dwarkadhishji in Unjha.
Unjha has many schools including a B.B.A. College. Law College, a Teachers Training College, a Women's Residential College, and a commerce and arts college also.
Almost near the center of the town is a pond. There are very few places of public recreation in Unjha.
Places to Stay
There are almost no hotels to stay in Unjha but the best place to stay is Umiya maata Guest House which is located just next to the temple premises. Rooms are very neat and clean and maintained by Umiya Mataji Sansthan itself, also have simple rooms without any amenities to air conditioned rooms, as per the one's choice can stay over there. There is Gujarati food available by Umiya Mataji Sansthan in the Temple premises. The Temple Guest house has a spectacular view covering the ancient temple and a small artificial pool with a large vedic colorful fountain.
Unjha is dominated by mainly Kadva Patidars along with mostly all communities.
Although a small town, Unjha has many people with the zest for social service. Many international social service groups have active members who live in Unjha like the Rotary, Rotract, Lions, JCIUNJHA.
Unjha will be hoisting 18 Shatabdi Rajat Jayanti Mohatsav in glory of goddess Umiya, a type of festival that will have 1000 yagna kunds, expected to cost over 2000 million rupees (200 crores), and almost 4.5 million people are expected to visit the festival. These people will be provided shelter and food for their stay free of cost plus other amenities during the time of festival free of cost. The RAJAT JAYANTI MOHATSAV is held every 25 years, last time it was held before 33 years in 1966 and 1.3 million devotees visited Unjha at that time. This time it will be held from 28 November 2009 through 2 December 2009. IN NOVEMBER 28/ 09 TO DECEMBER 2 / 09 18TH SATABDHI RAJAT JAYANTI MAHOTSAV 2009 IN UMIYA MATA TEMPLE.
Unjha is known as biggest spices and oil seed market of Asia. The APMC market of Unjha is the place where all farmers and traders from states like Rajasthan, Gujarat, Saurashtra come to trade and sell spices and oil seeds like cumin seeds, fennel seeds, fenugreek seeds, dill seeds, ajwain seeds, Mustard Seeds, Sesame seeds, Coriander Seeds etc.
The annual volume of total trade is USD 353203384.3333333 for the financial year 2012-2013. Sourced from Unjha APMC data
Notable persons from Unjha
- Dev Patel who is the actor in very popular Hollywood movie "SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE" (which is directed by foreigner director) has family roots from Unjha although he was born and brought up in The United Kingdom.
- World famous musician and sarod player Vasant Rai's family is from Unjha. There is a music school commemorating his memory in Unjha.
- Lt. Vaidyaraja shree Nagindasji Shah, had put the foundation stone of UNJHA PHARMACY, with a noble goal to spread the fame and 100 years ago, a town named UNJHA in north province of Gujarat, in the popularity of Ayurveda-the science of life, world-wide. After scrutinizing various ayurvedic authentic textbooks, Lt.Vaidyaraja Nagindasji, plucked 1100 formulations and started manufacturing these formulations. He dispensed ayurvedic drugs free of cost amongst the learned people and well wishers of Ayurveda for 10 years. Later his successors established the Unjha Pharmacy - an ayurvedic pharmaceutical company that makes various medicines based on natural Ayurvedic compounds, and are sold in market to date.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Unjha
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.