Welcome to ukexpat's talkpage
|This talk page is automatically archived by MiszaBot III. Threads with no replies in 7 days may be automatically moved.|
- 1 TUSC token 4ca061685a490899d158b1bcf22d9087
- 2 Help Project newsletter : Issue 6
- 3 2013 Philadelphia Wiki-Picnic: Saturday, June 22
- 4 Welcome thanks
- 5 GOCE February blitz wrapup
- 6 Chuck Pierce proposed deletion
- 7 Rhoda Holmes Nicholls
- 8 The Signpost: 17 September 2014
- 9 Admin
- 10 Articles you might like to edit, from SuggestBot
TUSC token 4ca061685a490899d158b1bcf22d9087
I am now proud owner of a TUSC account!
|The Help Project Newsletter||
Issue VI - April 2013
Open Help Conference
The Open Help Conference will be taking place June 15-19 in Cincinnati Ohio, USA. The conference includes two days of presentations and open discussions, followed by team "sprints" - collaborative efforts to write and improve documentation.
It has been suggested to send a team from Wikipedia/Wikimedia: to share our own knowledge about help, learn from others in the open source community working on similar problems, and to carry out a sprint to improve some aspect of Wikipedia's help.
There may be support available for volunteers to attend from the Participation Support program (and your editor is certainly hoping to be there!) Please join the discussion in Meta's IdeaLab if you're interested, and/or have suggestions about what we could work on.
If you don't wish to receive this newsletter on your talk page in future then just edit the participants page and add "no newsletter" next to your name.
Suggestions for future issues are welcome at Wikipedia:Help Project/Newsletter.
2013 Philadelphia Wiki-Picnic: Saturday, June 22
|Philadelphia's Great American Wiknic at Penn Park|
|You are invited to the Philadelphia edition of the Great American Wiknic taking place in Penn Park, on Saturday, June 22, 2013! We would love to see you there!--User:Ocaasi (talk)|}}|
GOCE February blitz wrapup
|Guild of Copy Editors Wikipedia:WikiProject Guild of Copy Editors/Blitzes/February 2014 wrap-up
Participation: Out of seven people who signed up for this blitz, all copy-edited at least one article. Thanks to all who participated! Final results, including barnstars awarded, are available here.
Progress report: During the seven-day blitz, we removed 16 articles from the requests queue. Hope to see you at the March drive! Cheers from your GOCE coordinators Jonesey95, Miniapolis and Baffle gab1978.
To discontinue receiving GOCE newsletters, please remove your name from our mailing list. Newsletter delivered by
Chuck Pierce proposed deletion
Thanks for the heads-up. Although Chuck Pierce is almost certainly qualified under notability, I agree that the article doesn't reflect this. I'm not going to have a lot of time to edit in the next month, but will work on improving the article as I have time. Thanks again. Waitak (talk)
- Encyclopedia Britannica is a Wikipedia:Tertiary source and should be avoided if there are good secondary sources. See RSN Archive 115 - Is Encyclopedia a reliable source?
- The guideline for dashes is to not to put spaces before and after the dash Wikipedia:Dashes.
- "She met with" might be a difference in American vs. British English. It's common in the states - but I wouldn't have rolled back that comment alone.
- ", like" is also appropriate. "Such as" was interjected without the comma - so this is another example where the change from like to such as would not have resulted in a roll back, except that the comma was removed
- I see you added [[American Watercolor Society|American Water Color Society]], which I had at one time, too, but the piped name was removed. It's not wrong either way.
I did return the edit Rhoda Holmes Nicholls-->Nicholls.
- Whatever, just trying to be helpful - in fact some of those weren't even my original edits, but were caught up in an edit conflict.--ukexpat (talk) 18:31, 16 September 2014 (UTC)
- Yep, I later saw that it was another user that originally posted the Encyclopedia Britannica and posted a comment on their user page, too.
- Of course your were trying to be helpful and it's appreciated. Thinking of how you might feel to have your edits reverted without an explanation, I just wanted to explain my reasoning... and (not being the bearer of all wisdom (laughing at my seriousness sometimes)), please let me know if I've got something wrong.--CaroleHenson (talk) 19:03, 16 September 2014 (UTC)
The Signpost: 17 September 2014
- News and notes: Wikipedia's traffic statistics are off by nearly one-third
- WikiProject report: A trip up north to Scotland
- Featured content: Which is not like the others?
- Traffic report: Tolstoy leads a varied pack
Articles you might like to edit, from SuggestBot
Note: All columns in this table are sortable, allowing you to rearrange the table so the articles most interesting to you are shown at the top. All images have mouse-over popups with more information. For more information about the columns and categories, please consult the documentation, and please do get in touch on SuggestBot's talk page with any questions you might have.
|11||1.0||Morgan Cole (talk)||0.0||0.0||0.0||2.0||0.0||Add sources|
|24||2.0||Stephenson Harwood (talk)||0.0||0.0||0.0||2.0||0.0||Add sources|
|10||1.0||Dickson Minto (talk)||0.0||0.0||2.0||2.0||0.0||Add sources|
|2,452||1.0||5S (methodology) (talk)||0.0||2.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||Add sources|
|12||1.0||Dickinson Dees (talk)||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||Add sources|
|6||1.0||The Castles of Burgundy (talk)||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||Add sources|
|387||2.0||Orange juice (talk)||0.0||2.0||2.0||0.0||0.0||Cleanup|
|41||1.0||Democratic elements of Roman Republic (talk)||0.0||0.0||0.0||2.0||0.0||Cleanup|
|1,596||3.0||Occupational safety and health (talk)||2.0||2.0||2.0||2.0||2.0||Cleanup|
|83||1.0||GNOME Display Manager (talk)||0.0||2.0||2.0||2.0||0.0||Expand|
|26||1.0||Tusculanae Disputationes (talk)||0.0||2.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||Expand|
|644||3.0||Susan G. Komen for the Cure (talk)||2.0||2.0||2.0||2.0||2.0||Expand|
|51||2.0||Peter Foster (talk)||2.0||2.0||0.0||2.0||2.0||Unencyclopaedic|
|39||2.0||Pro Caelio (talk)||2.0||2.0||2.0||2.0||0.0||Unencyclopaedic|
|32||1.0||Marcus Tullius Cicero (Rome character) (talk)||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||Unencyclopaedic|
|8||1.0||Crowe (surname) (talk)||0.0||0.0||0.0||2.0||0.0||Merge|
|311||1.0||Freight transport (talk)||0.0||0.0||2.0||0.0||0.0||Merge|
|530||3.0||The Beatles (terrorist cell) (talk)||0.0||2.0||2.0||0.0||2.0||Merge|
|59||1.0||Predetermined motion time system (talk)||0.0||2.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||Wikify|
|9||1.0||Rasmus (given name) (talk)||0.0||0.0||0.0||2.0||0.0||Wikify|
|461||3.0||Overall equipment effectiveness (talk)||0.0||2.0||2.0||0.0||0.0||Wikify|
|3||1.0||Michelle Clayman (talk)||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||Orphan|
|1||1.0||HN group (talk)||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||Orphan|
|3||1.0||Jaigopal Garodia Vivekananda Vidyalaya (talk)||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||Orphan|
|5||1.0||Tommy McGuigan (talk)||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||Stub|
|36||1.0||Polygonia interrogationis (talk)||0.0||2.0||2.0||0.0||0.0||Stub|
|9||1.0||Ott (name) (talk)||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||Stub|
|11||1.0||Shyanne Azzopardi (talk)||0.0||0.0||2.0||0.0||0.0||Stub|
|14||1.0||Bottom of the Hill (talk)||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||Stub|
|11||1.0||Burness Paull & Williamsons (talk)||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||Stub|
SuggestBot picks articles in a number of ways based on other articles you've edited, including straight text similarity, following wikilinks, and matching your editing patterns against those of other Wikipedians. It tries to recommend only articles that other Wikipedians have marked as needing work. We appreciate that you have signed up to receive suggestions regularly, your contributions make Wikipedia better — thanks for helping!
If you have feedback on how to make SuggestBot better, please let us know on SuggestBot's talk page. Regards from Nettrom (talk), SuggestBot's caretaker. -- SuggestBot (talk) 01:28, 20 September 2014 (UTC)