Warrington College of Business Administration
|Warrington College of
|Academic affiliation||University of Florida|
The Warrington College of Business Administration is the business school of the University of Florida. About 6,300 students are enrolled in classes, including undergraduates and graduate students, including Master of Business Administration and Ph.D.-seeking students. All programs are accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business.
- 1 Undergraduate Programs
- 2 International Programs
- 3 Center for Entrepreneurship & Innovation
- 4 Hough Graduate School of Business
- 5 Undergraduate rankings
- 6 Hough Graduate School of Business rankings
- 7 Department, schools and programs
- 8 Ethics Program
- 9 See also
- 10 References
- 11 External links
Undergraduate programs are offered through the Heavener School of Business and include accounting, economics, finance, information systems, management, and marketing. The MBA Program Office offers several variations of its degree program; all students earn the same Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree: traditional, professional, executive, Internet (distance learning). A satellite UFMBA program is offered in South Florida at the Broward Community College Weston Center satellite campus in the Fort Lauderdale/Weston area.
International programs in France, England, Spain and Rome are offered to undergraduate and graduate students. Students earn credits while studying abroad. The Master of Arts in international business is the international graduate program offered. Students in this program may spend six weeks in a foreign country studying a specific industry, country, or global operation issue, but a study of at least one week abroad is required.
Center for Entrepreneurship & Innovation
The college is home to the Center for Entrepreneurship & Innovation (CEI). The center was founded in 2000 with the mission to introduce the concept of entrepreneurship to students and faculty and offers one of the nation's only Master's of Science degree in Entrepreneurship.
Hough Graduate School of Business
William R. Hough of St. Petersburg, Florida, founder of the investment firm bearing his name and an alumnus of the first MBA class of Warrington College in 1948, donated $30 million to Warrington College in 2007. This is the largest private gift ever received by University of Florida to date. The funds establishes an endowment to support teaching, academic programs, and enhancements in the graduate school of business, and provides a lead gift to construct a new building to house the graduate business programs named after Mr. Hough himself. The gift is also eligible for matching funds from the State of Florida Major Gifts Trust Fund and from the Alec P. Courtelis Facilities Enhancement Challenge Grant Program, potentially increasing the total value of the gift to $50 million.
- 27th overall by the U.S. News & World Report, 2008
Hough Graduate School of Business rankings
- 41st overall by the U.S. News & World Report, 2014
- 25th overall Part-Time MBA by the U.S. News & World Report, 2014
- 80th (US), 80th (Global) Economist 'WhichMBA' 2014
- 47th overall by Bloomberg Business Week, 2014
The University of Florida awards the same MBA degree for the full-time traditional and distance programs.
- #3 Best Online Graduate Business Program by the U.S. News & World Report, 2014
- #2 Admissions Selectivity by the U.S. News & World Report, 2013
- #10 Student Engagement and Accreditation by the U.S. News & World Report, 2012
- 1st for Distance Learning by the Economist Intelligence Unit, 2008
Department, schools and programs
- Department of Economics
- Department of Finance, Insurance and Real Estate
- Department of Information Systems and Operations Management
- Department of Management
- Department of Marketing
- David F. Miller Center for Retailing Education and Research
- Behavioral Research Facility
- Heavener School of Business
- Fisher School of Accounting
- Hough Graduate School of Business
- Florida MBA Programs
The ethics program at Warrington College of Business Administration is conducted by the Poe Center for Business Ethics Education and Research. The Center administers the following programs to graduate students in Management and Business Administration.
- List of United States business school rankings
- List of business schools in the United States
- Bryan Hall at UF
- Library West
- "University of Florida receives record $30 million gift". 19 January 2007. Retrieved 7 June 2014.
- Hough's Gift
- "Best Undergraduate Business Programs". U.S. News & World Report. 2008. Retrieved 2008-02-24.
- "Undergraduate business specialties: Management". U.S. News & World Report. 2008. Retrieved 2008-02-24.
- "America's Best Graduate Schools 2013". U.S.News & World Report. L.P. Retrieved 2014-10-21.
- "2014 rankings". The Economist. 2014. Retrieved 2014-10-21.
- "Top Business School Rankings". Bloomberg BusinessWeek. L.P. Retrieved 2014-10-21.
- . University of Florida http://floridamba.ufl.edu/workingprofessional/internet/. Missing or empty
- "America's Best Graduate Schools 2014". U.S.News & World Report. L.P. Retrieved 2014-21-14. Check date values in:
- "Rankings". University of Florida. L.P. Retrieved 2014-05-27.
- Which MBA
- "Master of Science in Real Estate".
- "Franklin Fellows". Poe Center for Business Ethics Education and Research. Retrieved 2010-04-16.
- Official website
- About.com profile of Warrington
- Info about Warrington
- Alligator article about the rankings
- ISOM PhD Program