Warsaw International Film Festival
|Warsaw Film Festival|
The festival is host to the International Federation of Film Critics awards for enterprising filmmaking in Central and Eastern Europe. The 28th edition is scheduled to take place between 12 October to 21 October 2012.
The programme consists of the following sections:
- The International Competition - international features
- 1-2 Competition - for 1st and 2nd feature films
- Free Spirit Competition
- Documentary Competition
- Shorts Competition
- Master's Touch
- Family Cinema Weekend
All the films presented, regardless of the section (competitive or non-competitive), are eligible for the Audience Award.
- International Competition Jury
- The Competition 1-2 Jury
- Free Spirit Competition Jury
- Documentary Competition Jury
- Shorts Competition Jury
- Jury FIPRESCI
- 1985 - Film Discussion Club "Hybrydy" founds the festival, originally named Warsaw Film Week. Festival's creator Roman Gutek becomes its first director.
- 1991 - Stefan Laudyn becomes new director of the festival and name Warsaw Film Week changes to Warsaw Film Festival.
- 1995 - festival is being organised by Warsaw Film Found for the first time
- 2000 - festival gets accreditation from FIAPF and changes its name again into Warsaw International Film Festival
- 2005 - for the first time FIAPF juror gives special awards during Warsaw International Film Festival
- 2009 - FIAPF adds Warsaw International Film Festival to a group of international contest festival (which other members are Cannes, Berlin, Venice, Locarno, San Sebastian, Mar del Plata, Karlovy Vary, Montreal, Cairo, Moscow, Tokyo and Shanghai)