West Sound (Dumfries and Galloway)
|Broadcast area||Dumfries and Galloway|
|Slogan||The Greatest Hits for Dumfries and Galloway|
|Frequency||FM: 96.5, 97.0, 103.0 MHz|
|First air date||21 May 1990|
|Audience share||26% (September 2013, )|
|Power||0.12 kW, 1 kW, 0.67 kW|
|Sister stations||West FM
West Sound (Ayrshire)
West Sound is a local radio station serving Dumfries and Galloway, owned & operated by Bauer Radio as part of the Bauer City 2 network of stations. The station broadcasts from studios in Dumfries and Ayr on 97FM in Dumfries, 103FM in Kirkcudbright and the Machars and 96.5FM in Stranraer and online.
West Sound in Dumfries and Galloway is the only FM station forming part of the City 2 network and carries a mix of local and networked programming, including local news and travel, live sports coverage and specialist shows.
Programming and presenters
West Sound's breakfast, drivetime and Sunday afternoon shows are produced and presented from the station's Loreburne Centre studio in Dumfries. The weekday daytime show is produced and presented from West Sound's Ayr studios. Live football commentaries air on Saturday afternoons as an opt-out from the networked sports programme Game On!.
- Tommy Jardine (Weekday breakfast)
- Stuart McCafferty (Weekday drivetime, Sunday afternoons)
- Billy Reid (Saturday afternoons)
- Alan Shaw (Weekday daytime)
- Ally Ballingall (Scotland's Talk In)
- Tony Blackburn (Sunday afternoons)
- John Collins (Saturday breakfast)
- Micky Gavin (Saturday evenings, Sunday early breakfast)
- Darren Kelly (Monday - Saturday mornings)
- John Leslie (Weekday afternoons)
- Keith Martin (The Soul Show: Saturday nights)
- Gina McKie (Love Songs: Sunday - Friday nights)
- Gary Muircroft (The Country Show: Sunday evenings)
- Mike Riddoch (Sunday mornings)
- Ray Rose (Weekday evenings)
- Arlene Stuart (Saturday overnights)
- Paula Whitelock (Sunday - Friday overnights)
West Sound News
Local news bulletins air every hour from 6am to 6pm on weekdays and from 9am to 1pm at weekends with headlines on the half hour during weekday breakfast and drivetime. Scottish bulletins from Radio Clyde's national newsroom in Clydebank air at 7pm each weeknight and at 7am, 8am, 2pm and 6pm on Saturdays and Sundays.
Sky News Radio bulletins are broadcast hourly at all other times.
Head of News
|This article about a radio station in the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Scotland-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|