Wikipedia:WikiProject Law Enforcement
|This is a WikiProject, an area for focused collaboration among Wikipedians.
|Main project page (talk)|
|Requested Articles (talk)|
|Article Assessment (talk)|
|Templates and awards (talk)|
|Peer Review (talk)|
|No vandalism, no conflict (talk)|
|→ Article Watch (talk)|
|Project's Scope (talk)|
|Project Standards (talk)|
Welcome to WikiProject Law Enforcement. Several Wikipedians have formed this collaboration resource and group dedicated to improving Wikipedia's coverage of Law enforcement and the organization of information and articles on this topic. This page and its subpages contain their suggestions and various resources; it is hoped that this project will help to focus the efforts of other Wikipedians interested in the topic. If you would like to help, please join the project, inquire on the talk page and see the to-do list below.
- Join, Create, Assess. This project needs to expand, add your name to the list on the participants subpage if you're interested and get stuck in writing a law enforcement article, add the banner and put it up for assessment, and please assess as many existing articles as you can! Ensure to check out the scope of the project!
- No vandalism, no conflict. This project, by definition, strives continually for community good will, and a reduction in vandalism. Let members of this project set excellent examples as honest, hard working, polite Wikipedians! If there are problems with a particular article in the project, please add it to the Article Watch section of the vandalism subpage. Vandalism will be reverted on sight.
- Read the bulletin board. With such ground to cover, and so much work still to do, it is vital that all users check the bulletin board frequently for news, updates and important requests.
- Proposed deletions
- 15 Aug 2014 – Bullet fee was PRODed by 184.108.40.206 (t · c): Article fails to meet notability guidelines as per WP:N. In fact, there is no claim of notability whatsoever.
- Requests for comments
- Requested moves
- 15 Aug 2014 – Police power (United States constitutional law) is requested to be moved by BD2412 (t · c); see discussion
Please feel free to add yourself here, and to indicate any areas of particular interest.
- Supaflyrobby (talk) 23:25, 10 May 2014 (UTC) (I am interested in working on criminology and narcotics trafficking related articles)
- Profmwilliams (talk · contribs) I teach policing at Weber State University and I am particularly interested in police-citizen interactions and community responses to crime more generally. I am incorporating a Wikipedia assignment into my course this fall, so my students will be editing a variety of Wikipedia pages related to law enforcement. 01:16, 1 August 2014 (UTC)
- SantiLak I am interested in adding pages for departments that haven't been listed yet, updating pages, and removing vandalism. 21:19, 16 August 2014 (UTC)
Please feel free to list your new Law enforcement-related articles here (newer articles at the top, please). Any new articles that have an interesting or unusual fact in them, are at least over 1,000 characters, don't have any dispute templates on them, and cite their sources, should be suggested for the Did you know? box on the Wikipedia Main Page.
- University of Missouri Police Department --Crg34275 (talk) 03:31, 28 July 2014 (UTC)
- Santa Barbara County Sheriff's Office - Would love some peer review! --Zackmann08 (talk) 17:46, 10 January 2014 (UTC)
Review and assessment
- Montgomery County Police Department - Illegitimate Barrister (talk) 11:27, 27 January 2014 (UTC)
- Master-at-Arms Taotaomona1977 (talk) 10:35, 1 May 2014 (UTC)
- Wikipedia:WikiProject Correction and Detention Facilities
- Wikipedia:WikiProject Australian crime
- Wikipedia:WikiProject British Crime
- Wikipedia:WikiProject Law
- Wikipedia:WikiProject FBI
- Wikipedia:WikiProject Intelligence Agency
- Wikipedia:WikiProject Terrorism
- Wikipedia:WikiProject Terrorism and counter-terrorism