||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2010)|
|Birth name||William Roy Francis|
|Born||January 8, 1982|
|Origin||Seattle, Washington, United States|
|Genres||Hardcore punk, horror punk, post-hardcore, gothic rock, synthpop, electronica, darkwave|
|Occupations||Singer, songwriter, producer|
|Instruments||Vocals, bass, piano, guitar|
|Labels||Dead Teenager, Unfun Records, Victory|
|Associated acts||Aiden, William Control, A Midnight Tragedy, Ashestoangels|
William Roy "wiL" Francis (born in Seattle, Washington on January 8, 1982) is the lead vocalist of the band Aiden as well as his electronic project William Control. Francis also acts as producer to the band A Midnight Tragedy and Ashestoangels.
In 2003 Aiden had formed, with Francis as bass player. After the original lead singer had quit the band Francis took over as vocalist. In 2005 Aiden was signed to Victory Records (they had been previously signed to Dead Teenager Records). Francis has since released two EPs, seven albums (including albums by William Control), and two poetry/prose books—Flowers and Filth, Prose and Poems.
- A Split of Nightmares - split EP with Stalins War (2004)
- Our Gangs Dark Oath (2004)
- Nightmare Anatomy (2005)
- Rain in Hell (2006)
- Conviction (2007)
- Knives (2009)
- From Hell...With Love (2010)
- Disguises (2011)
- Some Kind of Hate (2011)
- Hate Culture (2008)
- Noir (2010)
- Novus Ordo Seclorum (2011)
- Silentium Amoris (2012)
- Skeleton Strings (2013)
- The Neuromancer (2014)
Francis also wrote one of the soundtracks to Underworld: Rise of the Lycans, called "Deathclub". The music video is viewable on the bonus features of the DVD.
- Guest appearances
- "To Feel the Rain" by On the Last Day, on the EP Wars Like Whispers (2005)
- "Bleeds No More" (live) by Silverstein, on their compilation 18 Candles: The Early Years (2006)
- "Box Full of Sharp Objects" (live) by The Used, during Taste of Chaos 2007 (2007)
- "Bleeding Rain" by Vampires Everywhere!, on the album Kiss the Sun Goodbye (2011)
- "Now That You're Dead" by The Used, on the album Vulnerable (2012)
- Voice of F.E.A.R. on the album Wretched and Divine: The Story of the Wild Ones, by Black Veil Brides (2013)
- "Bury A Legend" by One Last Shot, on the album Bastards of the Plague (2013)
- Producing the second album of the New Jersey rock band, A Midnight Tragedy.
- Produced the EP Revenge for Seattle band Girl on Fire.
- Produced The Ghost EP and Through the Rain EP for Seattle based dark rock band To Paint the Sky.
- Produced an album by the Austrian pop punk band Stupe-iT.
- Producing the second album of the British theatrical alternative rock band Fearless Vampire Killers.
- Produced "With Tapes and Needles" the second album from British goth punk band Ashestoangels
In July 2009, William Francis and Lisa Johnson wrote Flowers and Filth: a poetry/picture book.
Francis is currently writing a new book. The title has not been released but it is based on his life until the age of 18.
He released a book in November/December 2011. The book is titled Prose and Poems. It features poems, prose and essays written by William.
In October 2013 he released his first full length novel. The book is titled "Revelator Book 1: The Neuromancer".