William Control at Download festival 2012, with all the touring members.
|Origin||Seattle, Washington, USA|
|Genres||Darkwave, synthpop, electronica|
|Associated acts||Aiden, Me vs Myself, Jeffree Star, Fearless Vampire Killers, Obscure Pleasures, Ashestoangels|
William Control is an American electronic music project founded in 2008 in Seattle, Washington. It is a side project of Aiden’s William Francis. He was signed to Victory Records and has released three albums (Hate Culture, Noir and Silentium Amoris), an EP (Novus Ordo Seclorum), and a live DVD Live in London Town.
Wil Francis formed William Control because he was interested in making music that didn't match the style of his other band, Aiden. In 2008 William Control released their debut album Hate Culture which is, as explained in a Kerrang! magazine interview, the story of a man named William Control and his last night on Earth because he wishes to kill himself. Hate Culture peaked at No. 12 on the Billboard Electronic Albums chart and No. 43 on the Heatseekers chart. The band released a video for "Beautiful Loser" as the album's only single.
William Control toured with Escape The Fate on their "This War is Ours" tour in late 2008. In 2009, William Francis began working on a new William Control album, titled Noir, that was released on June 8, 2010. Francis invited his friends and fans to come up to the studio and record vocals for the new album, among whom is Ashley Costello of Orange County rock band New Years Day and Jeffree Star While its appearance on the album has yet to be confirmed, a teaser video featuring what appears to be the song "Deathclub" (a song that had only been released as a remix and has yet to be heard in its original form) was released by Wil via his social networking sites. Francis also stated that he will be supporting Jeffree Star, and doing a headlining show the day after.
Alt Press magazine has stated Noir to be released on June 1 via victory records though Francis later stated that the release had been pushed back a week to the 8th of June. Francis also announced he was filming a video for Noir's first single, "I'm Only Human Sometimes". The single for "I'm Only Human Sometimes", along with others was leaked 3 weeks before the release of Noir.
On July 13, he released a spoken word track "Eleonora" (written by Edgar Allan Poe) on iTunes. He later released "The Tell Tale Heart" on September 13, "The Oval Portrait" on October 15, and "The Raven" on October 30, all of which are also written by Edgar Allan Poe.
Shortly after the release of "Noir" William Control left Victory Records, and founded his own record company called Control Records, based up in Seattle, Washington. William is currently recording all his music under this title.
On November 29, 2011, William Control announced, via his personal web page, that he will be releasing a new 5-track EP.entitled Novus Ordo Seclorum. On the same day, he released a new book entitled Prose & Poems.
On January 26, 2012, he released the title of his third full-length album, "Silentium Amoris", to be released on April 2, 2012. William Control performed on the "Fight to Unite"  US Tour, with Brokencyde and Blood on the Dance Floor in April and May 2012. In June 2012, he headlined the European "New Faith" tour, playing shows in the UK, Netherlands, and France. During this tour, he also headlined the Red Bull stage at Donnington's Download Festival. A music video for the first single off Silentium Amoris, "Kiss Me Judas", was released on June 26, 2012 on YouTube.
In August and September 2012, William Control filmed a live DVD titled "Live in London Town", directed by Tim Bullock and produced by A Glass Half. The film features a live show, shot at the O2 Academy, Islington, as well as behind the scenes footage and interviews from two other dates.
In January 2013, William Control released his debut live album, "Live in London Town", featuring 20 tracks and a new unreleased track "Speak to Me of Abduction", which featured behind the scenes footage from the "Live in London Town" DVD. Also, he is taking part in The Church of the Wild Ones US Tour with Black Veil Brides as a special guest. William Control also stars in the film Legion of the Black, a movie based upon the Black Veil Brides album Wretched and Divine.
In March 2013, William Control asked again for donation to help fund his newest recording studio "Hell's Half Acre" from his official website. In return for a donation William Control gave those who donated his newest EP Skeleton Strings, featuring 9 tracks of acoustic covers or original songs, including "Noir" and HIM's "The Funeral of Hearts".
In November 2013, William Control will be headlining the Friday night at Whitby Gothic Weekend
On October 1, 2013, William Control announced the title of his next studio album would be The Neuromancer, and that it is slated for release in early December 2013 just before he embarks on a U.S. Tour, "Revel Without a Cause," as the opening act for The Used. Additionally, William announced that his book "Revelator: Book One The Neuromancer," would be shipped earlier than expected and likely within the first two weeks of the month. The book was sold exclusively through preorder, initially in a limited quantity of 500. However, the pre-orders sold so quickly that William announced the availability of an additional 100 copies shortly thereafter.
William Control were confirmed to be playing Alt Fest 2014
- William Control - lead vocals, piano, keyboards, synthesizers, programming
- Studio & touring members
- Nick Wiggins - bass, backing vocals (2008–2012)
- Kenneth Fletcher - guitar, bass, backing vocals (2008–present)
- Keef West - drums, percussion (2012)
- Philip Kross - bass, backing vocals (2012)
- Novus Ordo Seclorum (2011)
- Skeleton Strings (2013)
- Live in London Town (2012)
- "Beautiful Loser" (2008)
- "I'm Only Human Sometimes" (2010)
- "Kiss Me Judas" (2012)
- Saw V (2008) - "Strangers"
- Underworld: Rise of the Lycans (2009) - "Deathclub" (feat. Matt Skiba) (Wes Borland/Renholdër Remix)
- Underworld: Awakening (2012) - "The Posthumous Letter"
- Guest appearances
- "To Feel the Rain" by On the Last Day, on the EP Wars Like Whispers (2005)
- "Bleeds No More" (live) by Silverstein, on their compilation 18 Candles: The Early Years (2006)
- "Box Full of Sharp Objects" (live) by The Used, during Taste of Chaos 2007 (2007)
- "Bleeding Rain" by Vampires Everywhere!, on the album Kiss the Sun Goodbye (2011)
- "Now That You're Dead" by The Used, on the album Vulnerable (2012)
- "We Join Forces" by Mister Underground (2012)
- Voice of F.E.A.R. on the album "Wretched and Divine: The Story of the Wild Ones", by Black Veil Brides (2013)
- "Bury A Legend" by One Last Shot, on the album Bastards of the Plague (2013)
- Producing the second album of the New Jersey rock band A Midnight Tragedy.
- Produced the EP "Revenge" for Seattle band Girl on Fire.
- Produced "The Ghost" EP and "Through The Rain" EP for Seattle based dark rock band To Paint the Sky.
- Produced the second album "With Tape And Needles" for English electro goth punks Ashestoangels.
- Produced the second album "Mile End" of the Austrian punk band Stupe-iT.
- Produced the second album of English rock band Fearless Vampire Killers.
- Billboard, Allmusic
- photo and caption confirming the title of the new album
- Confirmation of release date
- Twitter post confirming that Jeffree Star will appear on Noir
- Teaser video featuring the song "Deathclub"
-  Twitter post confirming the album's release date
-  Post confirming the album's release date
-  Tour announcement
-  Kiss Me Judas video
- "The Neuromancer Delayed…….". williamcontrol.com. November 11, 2013. Retrieved December23, 2013.